Range Rovers Forum banner

Pricing a 16' RR SC - Discounts?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hodog16 
#1 ·
Hey gents, I've been stalking all the posts for the last 3 months. I am excited to put the Rover back in my short list.
I am looking for avg pricing discounts from North East / NYC area dealers. My build is coming it at 115k. What do you think I can negotiate down to reasonably on 16 model?

Looking for a supercharged model with most of the packages. Hoping to come back to Rover (since my last one 08 sport). Now in a G-wagon.

Any percent swings you can share would be very helpful. Thank you very much for your time. `)

#3 ·
Most I've ever heard of is a couple of thousand off. I think in NYC with so many dealers around and the '17s coming out as a refresh you might do okay.

Just out of curiosity what's it like to own a G-wagen? I've always liked how they look, but I imagine they can be difficult to live with on a daily basis.

#5 ·
Just out of curiosity what's it like to own a G-wagen? I've always liked how they look, but I imagine they can be difficult to live with on a daily basis.
They G-Wagon is sort of a cross between a Range Rover and a Defender 110. It drives much more like a truck, but (current models, at least) has a very nice interior. I found it was a better fit for me and drive it daily (it's my only vehicle), though I work from home 4 days a week (so don't drive far at all on those 4 days; often just to the gym and then back home). I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone and is very different from a Range Rover. A Range Rover would definitely be more comfortable on a long trip.

#4 ·
Hey Sophmore Rover - I love my G. And for an everyday driver it is pretty perfect. Great visibility and I can drive comfortably in anything NYC and surround can toss my way. I dislike it when I drive to Vermont 220 miles. After 120 miles, the heavy steering takes a toll on my wrists and they get tired. It takes effort thats for sure.
It is incredibly well built. everything is tank like and indestructible. But here I am in market for a Rove again :)

#7 ·
If you're asking me, my current G-Wagon is a 2016. No, I won't be trading it in for a Range Rover. I went in the other direction, trading in my 2014 Range Rover in for a 2014 G-Wagon (and then traded that in for the 2016) as it was a better fit for me. They definitely aren't the right vehicle for everyone. If you really want pushbutton start, keyless entry, the knob to select different off road modes, and some of the other tech that the Range Rover has, you'll probably be disappointed with a G-Wagon. If you want an adjustable air suspension, the G-Wagon doesn't have it (the 2016 has an adjustable suspension, but it just adjusts the valving between comfort and sport modes). If you go on a lot of long trips, the Range Rover is most likely the more comfortable vehicle. If you want something that's sort of a cross between the luxury of a Range Rover and the looks of a Defender 110, the G-Wagon is well worth looking at.

It will be interesting to see what Land Rover does with the Defender replacement. If they're able to keep the bulk of the classic look while modernizing the vehicle and offer it in both stripped down and luxury trim levels (and some in-between trim levels), they would have something that would be a compelling option for someone like me next time I'm shopping for a new vehicle, especially if it's priced below the G-Wagon.

#9 ·
Thanks for feedback. I've never driven one but I'll have to at some point!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.