RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a new 2011 RR in the next week and am wondering what discount from MSRP, if any, people have been able to get so far. Of course the dealer is claiming inventory is super tight so is going for little to no discount but would love to hear any actual transaction information. I'll share mine after I purchase as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
CandyMan said:
I'm going to buy a new 2011 RR in the next week and am wondering what discount from MSRP, if any, people have been able to get so far. Of course the dealer is claiming inventory is super tight so is going for little to no discount but would love to hear any actual transaction information. I'll share mine after I purchase as well. Thanks!
CandyMan,

I can tell you Ford has scaled back the supply of 5.0 liter engines for the remainder of the year. This will have an effect on most all dealers, obviously some more that others, but don't expect much off of MSRP unless your looking at the slower moving models. Enjoy your new Rover. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Candyman,
I have kicked the tires on this site for a while and this is the first time I have something useful to post. A big thank you to the mediators and creator of this site. January in South Florida I purchased a 2010 Range Rover Supercharged with every available option. The asking price was $114,900, tax & tag extra. The dealer which is in a very affluent area, said this model was so desirable they didn't need to come off the price. After about 5 days of back and forth I wrote a cheque for $110,525. This included 6% state tax and tag fees etc. Don't know if this was a great deal, but I paid what I wanted for it. In my experience, and I have bought some nice autos, if it is on the lot and you learn to walk away you can always deal. Good luck with your purchase.

Ivan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Candyman,
In my last reply to you I made a mistake. The initial dealer price on my Range Rover Supercharged was $124,900 and not $114,900. 5 days to get from $114,900 to $110,525 would be pretty weak. Good luck.

Ivan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ibis1 and Ivan for your replies. I purchased my 2011 RR HSE and did not get much of a discount from MSRP - just $700 or so. I talked to two different dealers and both were pretty adamant that they wouldn't discount the 2011's because there were so few available. I would have been able to get at least a few thousand off a 2010, probably more, but I wanted to go with the 2011. I didn't want to devote the time to hard-ball, in-dealer negotiation, so I may have been able to do significantly better if I had. My impression, though, was that they really wouldn't move a whole lot since these models are just now hitting the lots. One dealer I talked to wouldn't offer me any discount over the phone but said it was possible if I came in. The dealer I took my old RR to for service supposedly only offered me a discount because I was an existing customer but said in general they aren't discounting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts