RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking at this 2010 RRS for sale, asking price is 53k negotiable (australia)
However a few issues have came up, what is the approximate costing to fix these?
Thanks in advance

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Your looking at anywhere from 1500 to 1.7 billion dollars give or take a thousand.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Here's your serious reply.

Your pictures are crap and who knows what underlying damage may be under bumper cover. We are mostly a U.S. based owners group and with that have no idea what labor rates and material costs are in Australia so we are unable to give you any idea on a cost on your repairs.

I will say if your concerned about repair costs then go down the street and get yourself a nice Toyota.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
All very accurate. Questions like these are ridiculous on any internet site. Even if the OP were in the USA only someone in their home town area could guess. Every shop is different in ability and cost. Only way to answer these kind of questions is with an actual estimate from a local source.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a rough estimate if i replaced the front,rear bumper, and side mirror?
Im only asking so i know how much to offer this guy, 5k less too extreme?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
New parts? Used parts? Where are you buying your parts? Are you going to do the work yourself? Is a body shop going to do the work? Hourly shop labour charge in your area?

If I wanted to sit down and hunt parts and research labour I could give you an estimate FOR MY REGION. Same idea applies. There is no way someone in the US can answer this question for someone thousands of miles away with different parts pricing and labour charges. You will need to do your own homework, sorry.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
New parts? Used parts? Where are you buying your parts? Are you going to do the work yourself? Is a body shop going to do the work? Hourly shop labour charge in your area?
^^ exactly. I'd look on eBay and see how much the parts are used. You can also contact your dealer. If I were you, I'd check how much NEW parts are. And offer him whatever they cost less than his asking price. Then if it really isn't a big deal, buy them used, with him taking off what the new parts cost. Just a though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Go to a body shop and get a rough quote to replace and paint the number covers - in U.S. it is going to be about $1k each. You should be able to look up cost of mirror on on-line parts site - and about 1 hr labor to replace so say $500 (I'm guessing) ...

So $2.5k or so might be reasonable discount without having any better details ..or idea what local shops charge for this ...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts
When I want to buy something, I compare local costs and Internet costs. When I sell something I compare local and Internet costs. It makes absolutely no sense to take pics and ask an international forum how much it would cost to fix this or that. What ar you gonna do? Go tell a body shop in Australia that it costs 800 American to fix it in Arizona?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
My names Earl Scheib and I can paint those bumpers for 49.95....

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts