RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Everyone,

I'm New here and pretty new to Rovers. Mom blew up her 2003 HSE. Mechanic said motor is blown and boy was he right. It looked like she dumped my daughters glitter bottle in her oil. Pretty bad, not doing a repair/motor replacement. She flew to neighbor island (Oahu) and found a 2010 Sport black on black with 22k miles. Normally KBB does a great job estimating value here in Hawaii but something seems off. The Car dealer wants $40k out the door for it. I see no comparable vehicle here with 22k miles on it, everything of that year is 60k and they want about $30k. I know this is a question of if "I" feel like its worth the extra $10k, but I need some help. The PCM has been reprogramed, and a ride height sensor replaced in 2014. other then that car fax looks clean. Is there something I should be aware of before having her spend a good chunk of money at this? or is the price Right at $40k.

Mahalo,
Maki

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
118 Posts
i bought my 2010 Range rover sport Supercharged with 23k miles on it in march 2014 for 50K (tt&l not included) if that gives you an added baseline.. so does +2 years depreciation + supercharged = 10k?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
I just paid $47950 for a 2013 HSE with 23,000 miles. But I am not in Hawaii. When I lived there (a long time ago), foreign cars were about ten percent more than in California (BMW and Volvo). Same address, interestingly enough, as where you Mother is looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aloha,
Just wanted to let you know we pulled the trigger and its setting sail this Thursday. We should have it in about a week. @randomdevice , @TxPiKapp, and @jhartz Thank you for your assistance. @TxPiKapp Since you still own it, I'm going to say that you are happy with your 2 year investment and having a SC smile is worth every penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts