Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top level menu items should be of interest to many

Also of general interest is what the TPMS warning light does before and after 3:10.

Another

More information

[video]http://gap-diagnostic.com/products.html [/video]

As always: comments, suggestions questions are very welcome.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Hi Guys

Yes, it’s been a long time since we posted on the diagnostic forum but anyhow, here are the latest news.

We’ve been very busy releasing firmware version V2.17 which include Car Configuration editing and Live Values. So far so good, feedback has been positive and we want to thank you all for your support!

Work has also started for the 2010+ models and we are progressing smoothly.

This week, we’ve also added on firmware version the ability to see Service Announcement values in the live values function for 2006-2009 Range Rovers. It is also available on the Discovery 3/LR3 and RRS.

For the Range Rover, it shows:

-If the Service Announcement is activated
-How many kilometers are left until your next service is due
-The service period (almost all vehicles are set at 12 000 km)
-How many days have passed since the last service interval reset was performed.

The IPC does not base itself directly on a distance left but rather on how many liters of gasoline the vehicle has consumed since the last service interval reset was performed. The IPC assumes an average consumption of 16.8 L/100 km and give you the approx distance left. We do exactly the same in the IIDTool. The real distance until the next service reminder will therefore vary depending on your average fuel consumption.

For the Range Rover Sport and Discovery 3/LR3, it shows:

-If the Service Announcement is activated
-The odometer value when the last service interval reset was made.
-How many days have passed since the last service interval reset was performed.

On the Range Rover, we’ve also added the possibility of activating/deactivating the Cold and Hot Lights Monitoring features in the car configuration menu. This should prevent flashing of LED’s and warning messages on converted vehicles. For more details, please consult the functionality table of the website.

http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool.html

We are also working on improving the updater software. Soon, it will be able to update itself on the press of a button. This way, users won’t need to uninstall, download and install the updater when a new firmware version is available.

Enjoy the new features!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
40 Posts
I have a 2006 RR S, this tool doesnt seem to work on the vehicle if the engine is not on. it says in the manual that it should work while the vehicle is in park and the engine is off but the Tool doesnt work unless i turn the engine on.. any ideas?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,270 Posts
So where is the USA distributor located?
Britpart is in the UK...and is asking me to email them for prices! Lot of hassle IMHO, and even makes the BBS site look straight forward and easy to navigate...;-)
Feel free to reply via email for a possible '03 RR setup, or I can add to the existing Faultmate system I already have. Just thought I would compare the two systems.
Cheers

Martin

·
Registered
931 Posts
So where is the USA distributor located?
Britpart is in the UK...and is asking me to email them for prices! Lot of hassle IMHO, and even makes the BBS site look straight forward and easy to navigate...;-)
Feel free to reply via email for a possible '03 RR setup, or I can add to the existing Faultmate system I already have. Just thought I would compare the two systems.
Cheers

Martin
Leaving the P38 behind Martin?.Being thinking of getting a L322 as well,when I get back to the UK next week.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,270 Posts
Leaving the P38 behind Martin?.Being thinking of getting a L322 as well,when I get back to the UK next week.
Hey John,
Not 100% sure yet mate.
Found a good deal on a clean example, so got a little thinking to do about it today.
All it needs, so the owner says, is a final stage resistor, as the blower fans only go to number 3 on the speed.
I have a feeling that the P38 will be staying around though, the wife is rather attached to it!!
I have a price from BBS to add it to my Faultmate, as I believe that the MSV has more than paid for itself over the years. So we shall see what today brings

Martin

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Martin,
Sooner or later all the die-hards move up the ladder...:p
We only need a few more (Carl!) and the L322 forum will have most of the P38 regulars from about 4-5 yrs ago. :lol: The L322 really is a different beast than the P38. Everything from reliability to driveability to off-roadability is improved. As nice as the P38 is, the L322 is nicer...

I find it very cool that you are hanging on to your P38 too, tho. We went camping on the beach in the south of France a couple of weeks ago - the P38 is still the vehicle that we use for this because we have everything set up for it. And I am still planning on keeping my P38 for a while too - though the BeCM is starting to mess w/us. It recently decided to speak Spanish... LOL

We did choose Britpart as our worldwide distributor and they have a policy of not interfering with their retailer's pricing so that the retailers can meet local conditions worldwide (taxes, shipping costs, etc). So the official method is submitting a dealer locator request for a Britpart dealer local to you via the website ( http://britpart.com/lcdlr.asp?PageRef=13 ) and then asking your local dealer how much they an IIDTool is from them. Much faster is simply googling 'IIDTool+Price' and you'll get numerous hits from online retailers - mainly in the UK. Most have no prob shipping to the US. Hardly any more painful than ordering from out-of-state.

There are a couple of Britpart dealers in the US too, tho - Atlantic British is amongst them. They should have the IIDTool and EASControl in stock. The competition is much more fierce on the Isles, though, and you'll prob find a better price if you check for an online retailer (shipping is next to nothing as the IIDTool is so small and light).

The functionality for the IIDTool is now quite extensive, and the firmware will be complete with the next update - should be in the next month or two.

It'd be great to have you on board!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Banned
531 Posts
Is there a DIY or a thread indicating what menus or functions are available through the CCF?
I would like to purchase this item to lower the L322 RR-SC by 15mm and enable some features but not certain if they're available through this tool.
Thanks.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Have you checked their web site? The chart that pops up after you select your model / model year is pretty thorough in explaining what live values, control and configuration features you can access and/or modify with the IIDTool (juct click on the small arrows within the various column to see the details): http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

·
Banned
531 Posts
I have but I could not find the list on the site. even after entering the specific model and year.
I would like to see the exact options I can change through CCF like I can with VagCom/VCDS.
Ideally I would like to change the reverse camera to stay on longer, disable seat belt chime, lower the vehicle by ~10-15mm and browse other possible options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts