RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, but I have greatly appreciated the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I have just bought a 2003 Vogue TD6 with 140,000 km. After reading all about the expected life of the GM transmissions, and the normal failure modes, I was thinking about replacing the torque converter before it fails (and after having inspected the oil to make sure that it is relatively clean and debris free and therefore is unlikely to have started to fail)

Does this sound like a good strategy?

I have also thought about replacing the valve body at the same time, but have read in this forum that this is not a good idea as it may start throwing errors. Is this possible if you reset or reprogram the ECU?

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
238 Posts
as long as it runs fine, don't touch it.
My TD6 2004 has now 206.000km and is still running as new.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
291 Posts
roverron said:
as long as it runs fine, don't touch it.
My TD6 2004 has now 206.000km and is still running as new.
How could u achieve this?
Do u make long journeys a lot?
City traffic is killer i guess.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine has 220000km and no probs, it must be our nice roads here in belgium :shhh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
regular oil and filter changes is all the box needs to stay healthy, use the correct oil though and not some cheap alternative.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the feedback - its comforting to see that these boxes will last if well maintained!

I have just had my local garage do an oil change, and will do another as soon as I have my workshop set up. I also have a Disco 300 tdi which I have rebuilt, and so recognise that despite the many comments to the contrary, a well looked after vehicle will last and be reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts