RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be possible to fit an in line pressure gauge between the eas pump and tank so you could monitor the performance of the pump and be able to recognise when its time for seal replacement. Or has any one tried it already with success.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Paul, I went to my local hydraulic/pneumatic supplier and bought,off the shelf, 2 T-pieces, a 150lb gauge, a tyre valveand a length of 6mm polywhatever pipe, all for small money (in SA Rands too). The one tee is fitted into the line between the valve body and the tank, near the body, and a length of pipe was led to rear corner of the engine compartment. The second tee was fitted there with a short length of pipe to the tyre valve (which lives under the hood, next to the EAS pump) .Yhe other end of the same tee goes to the gauge which is in the far left corner of the dash. I led the pipe through the hood and door rubbers because I was too lazy to cut holes. If you want pics, please pm me . I am a bit challenged with pic sending but I can borrow a child to help.
Beware leading pipe across the back of the engine bay; the commercial pipe can take the pressure but it deteriorates in a year or so from the heat. My way avoids that. My car is RHD but the gauge is still easy to read and ,if the system fails, I can pump the tank from a remote compressor and then jump the relevant pins at the EAS ecu to pump up each corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts