RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I found 2005 HSE with 45k @ a small dealership asking about $21k. One owner car with service records (have yet to evaluate). I also found a 2006 HSE with 55k with no records @ Ford Dealership asking about $26k. I have an X5 and love the BMW feel so i was leaning towards to the 05 but i have heard good things about the 06 (reliability and more comfortable seats, better trans). Any thoughts????

·
Registered
888 Posts
It's everyone's own opinion, so this is mine. If you go to an indy shop to check out the 05, I'd go with the 05. I'd also try to talk them down. That's my personal opinion.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,198 Posts
Second the '05 with full history, vs the 06 with no history.
The price seems a little high for the '05 though, especially around Mid Mo.
With those miles on it, all recalls done, and good service history, the 2005 should give years and years of good service.
Martin

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
FYI I bought my 05 with 53k on it... one owner... service history... $18k. That was 6 months ago.
Aside from the inevitable leaky gaskets on the BMW engine, it is VERY proven and reliable. If you work on your x5 yourself and it's a pre-06 model you'll be halfway familiar with the RR already, as they share a TON of parts/features/quirks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts