RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer yesterday and did an initial overview, was not as clean as I had hoped for....

First, it smelled like ammonia when I sat inside it and after looking around I discovered the cargo area covered in dog hair so there is dog urine somewhere..?

Second, it had some marks and scrapes in the leather on the dash next to the airbag stitches and on the passenger door near the top. Also the light colored headliner had some marks/stains around the moon-roof area. Not a big deal as I can scrub it clean.

My personal observations for the features/functions is that everything I pushed worked(all buttons to include terrain settings)

The air suspension worked great. All 3 levels were smooth, hasty and even. No hissing was detected. Both front airbags were replaced within the past 2 years.

I was at the LR dealer for about 2 hours and they completed a 150-point inspection. They found it to be very mechanically sound with a couple side markers out, low coolant warning sensor and a TPMS sensor needs servicing. Total would be around 335 to fix those issues...not bad.

Spare tire, 2 headphones and remote with cases were in the back right compartment. Could not test the video out as the batteries in the remote appeared corroded/dead. Missing the rear luggage cover thingy. All floor mats were present.

Rims were flawless, outside did not appear to have any scratches/scuffs, or signs of repair.

Did not test it at night so no observations there, could not see if any interior bulbs were out.

No tears, rips, cuts in the leather and driver bolsters were in good condition for the age. Needs a good cleaning, conditioning but no big deal.

Conclusion:
Although I was disappointed with the interior condition(I am very picky and prefer immaculate interiors) most issues there can be fixed by a hefty cleaning with special attention to the cargo area urine issue. I expected there would be more issues uncovered with the dealer inspection. With the 90k service and the other small issues mentioned above that would be about 1000, I also would get new tires, that is another 1000. I would clean the inside myself so just the cost of the cleaning products there and my time. The price is right for this and there are only 5 of this year and trim for sale in the US and this one is actually close by!

They are asking 22k for it.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Maybe ammonia used to deodorize from cigarette smoke? There are several cures for removing smells on the internet including processes to sanitize the vehicle so that may be an option. It can get gross when thinking about what might be in there but thats the joy of a used vehicle.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
I just got a 2010 SC for just under 23K it has 105K miles, its stunning I have added new front rotors and pads,
and it needs two rear tires, plus i had to get another smart key so now i have two of them
If you like the truck and the colors are what you like then i say go for it,
the 7,8,9 trucks have the least issues to deal with ,
make sure your getting the upgraded leather interior.
The 10 has a bigger engine and more HP and the TFD gauge pack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts