RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the taillights from Powerfuluk? Im referring to the facelift for 2014-2017.
They have included a module with theirs but for some reason my modules keep shorting out. Everything on the tail lights still work Except for the actual taillight. The brake lights work, the turn signals work but not the tail light.
The sent me a new pair of modules and I replaced them and everything was good for about a month, then same thing.
I've emailed Powerfuluk and they told me they have not had anyone else with this issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone had any issues with the taillights from Powerfuluk? Im referring to the facelift for 2014-2017.
They have included a module with theirs but for some reason my modules keep shorting out. Everything on the tail lights still work Except for the actual taillight. The brake lights work, the turn signals work but not the tail light.
The sent me a new pair of modules and I replaced them and everything was good for about a month, then same thing.
I've emailed Powerfuluk and they told me they have not had anyone else with this issue.
I removed the modules and both taillights now work fine.
I suggest anyone who has these models check to make sure the tail lights work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Keith,
I had this issue and its a simple fix. If you look at the section of the connector that has the PCB to control the light, it has the heat shrink tube on it. You can look right down into the "tube" and see the board. When it rained cats and dog here for days my lights acted wonky. It was due to water getting in there and shorting the board. They were fine once I dried them out. I sealed them with silicon and haven't had an issue since. If you look at the taillight area it is actual sealed very good from factory but if you don't put everything back exactly right water can get in there. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith,
I had this issue and its a simple fix. If you look at the section of the connector that has the PCB to control the light, it has the heat shrink tube on it. You can look right down into the "tube" and see the board. When it rained cats and dog here for days my lights acted wonky. It was due to water getting in there and shorting the board. They were fine once I dried them out. I sealed them with silicon and haven't had an issue since. If you look at the taillight area it is actual sealed very good from factory but if you don't put everything back exactly right water can get in there. Hope this helps!
I'll try that, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts