RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my passenger side window. The window sticks about 75% of the way up. I can't use the auto roll up, because it just rolls back down. I have to slowly ease the window up by pressing the up bottom in short bursts. Is this a regulator or a motor problem?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
the rubber seal on the lower-front guide has slid up, mine did the same thing. Roll the window up till it binds, then use a screwdriver to push the seal down and lower the window. Depending on how far up it is, it may take several iterations....

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I've had that issue in the past and 'solved it' by giving both the front and rear rubber seal chanels that the glass runs in, a good dowsing with silicone spray (- put the window all the way down and keep spraying down the rubber channels). You may need to 'wipe the excess off' for 2/3/7 days, but it keeps working for a looong time. Went round and did all the windows the same way.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine has been doing the same thing (I think) lately. I press up on the button, and about halfway up it slows, comes to a stop, the car beeps at me, and the window goes back down most of the way. My temporary fix has simply been to grab the window and when it starts having difficulties, I pull up and 'help it' slide the full way. Sometimes this doesn't work, and it gets stuck anyway.

shupack said:
Roll the window up till it binds, then use a screwdriver to push the seal down and lower the window.
I'm somewhat confused as to what this means. Would you mind explaining it a little more in detail as to where I'm looking to find this seal, and how far down I have to push the seal, etc. Thanks.

paul.adshead said:
(- put the window all the way down and keep spraying down the rubber channels)
So just spray down the 'crack' that the window slides?

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
jmason said:
paul.adshead said:
(- put the window all the way down and keep spraying down the rubber channels)
So just spray down the 'crack' that the window slides?
Spray into the rubber channels at the front* and rear* of the glass (- the channels that locate the glass when it is going up/down). If you spray on the horizontal rubber seal (the one above the top of the metal outer skin), you will just end up with silicone all over the glass, each time the glass comes back up.

* = front/rear being references to the cars normal direction of travel - i.e. the rubber strips closest to each bumper.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to all, I had the same problem on my drivers door in the end the lower rubber came up with the window and I pulled it out I then removed the door card and reinstalled the rubber with Evostic it's one of those jobs you have to do by feel but it did cure the problem. Best regarsa sillyboy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts