RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 98, 4.0, my fuel pump 10A fuse has been blowing regularly and the power windows go out at the same time. My wife put a 20A fuse in its place when she could not find a 10A fuse and now the windows don’t work at all. I am guessing that I have a short somewhere at the window switches but thought it worthwhile to see if anyone else has had a similar issue or knows what the problem is before I go pulling it apart.

Cheers
Dean :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Well if it wasn;t melted before it sure would be now. :lol: I would start looking where the smoke came from.

Seriously, fuses are rated to blow at a certain rating to help save your wiring adn components. Even at that they are usually overrated to give a little fudge room. 10A is a heck of alot of power to begin with. I would pull your switch pack and start back tracking until you find the short. Of course it is entirely possible that you have fried your BeCM at this point.

Nah... just kidding... or am I? :twisted:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, fortunately my BCM is not fried, although having thoroughly checking the window switch circuits and connectors can find no issue, although the windows only now work intermittently. On its last service my LR mechanic checked the fuel pump out and could find no issue there either.

If anyone has had a similar issue, please let me know as it may help steer me in the right direction to find a fix.

Cheers
Dean

·
Registered
401 Posts
Check the relay in the fuse box. Could be burnt. My truck is at the shop :roll: ... otherwise I would be sure which one it is. :think:
Start by looking at the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, have checked that over pretty thoroughly a couple of times, will check again in case I missed something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts