RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering, is there any kind of hard reset that can be performed on the automatic tailgates on the L405? I have a 2013, lower gate hasnt worked since I bought it a couple months ago (I can open it manually but does not work via power operation), upper tailgate was working fine until about a week ago but now it will only open and close manually as well. When you press the open close button on the dash (or on the hatch) it will pop/unlatch but then gives two audible beeps and wont open under its own power. Same when trying to close. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The two beep is telling you taht something is impeding operation. Has anything been caught in either section? Is there any resistance when opening manually?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, this happened to mine while still under warranty. I had it in several times before they managed to fix it. The last time they replaced the wiring harness and a safety sensor. It has worked fine since then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Nothing has been caught that I am aware of. It does have some resistance lifting and close the main/upper gate however i thought that was to do with the fact i was manually operating the motors instead of them working themselves. Sounds like this is going to be a dealer job?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Well the safety sensor is what tells it something has jambed. Shot in the dark here... With your winters up there, do your road crews use salt or deicing chemicals? Could your hinges just need a good lube job?

le25, might you have the part number for that sensor on your paperwork?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes lots of salt and road grime over the winter. I only bought the truck about a month ago but it has been winter driver for sure before my purchase. I will go over the hinge for the lower section this weekend and give it a good cleaning and lubrication and see if that helps. I dont see how any debris could be caught up in the upper hinges though considering there location, anything to check for there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts