RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If I'm looking at this correctly that's the oil filter on a BMW engine, so hopefully that's what you meant. As for the rubber grommets yes they should be connected, you can buy them at roverparts.com but even then over time they're going to dry rot/crack... I ended up fabbing up something else that worked better.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: oil filter bracket

Doh - don't know why I wrote power steering - of course it is the oil filter - ty ! (hopefully a moderator will edit original title to assist with future searches)

And thank you for the link - I've found the part - out of interest what did you fab up ?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

Doh - don't know why I wrote power steering - of course it is the oil filter - ty ! (hopefully a moderator will edit original title to assist with future searches)

And thank you for the link - I've found the part - out of interest what did you fab up ?
It's been a while but I think I made the bushes out of aluminum and tapped them to bolt in... I had done an oil change and both rubber bushes broke, so I just used what I had around.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

You can get replacements from Grainger for much cheaper.
I found them there, and posted about them on this forum within the last year or two.
If you use the SEARCH tool, you can find the part number and prices that I posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts