RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering pipe seems to be dripping from the join between solid and flexi pipe near the bottom corner of the radiator. I presume this is a replacement part job and there is no way to fix?

Any tips?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Not repairable I'm afraid...
These are the part numbers depending on which you need

ANR2367 PIPE - RESEVOIR TO PUMP - SUCTION TO WA 410481 PETROL
QEH102230 PIPE - RESEVOIR TO PUMP - SUCTION FROM XA 410482 PETROL
ANR6583 PIPE - RESEVOIR TO PUMP - SUCTION DIESEL
ANR3855 PIPE - PUMP TO BOX RHD TO VA 375483 PETROL
QEP104660 PIPE - PUMP TO BOX RHD VA 375484 - WA 410481 PETROL
QEP105440 PIPE - PUMP TO BOX RHD FROM XA 410482 PETROL

For a further breakdown: http://www.bearmach.com/partscatalogues ... _A4_lo.pdf

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic - thanks for all the info.

Sounds like an expensive repair - will work out which part it is tonight

From the bearmach site it looks like it's ANR2367 which looks to be about £65 are they easy enough to change?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Don't know, never had to do it. But I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along later Sotal.
Good luck on the fix...

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you do your own repairs then take pipe off and find a Hydraulics company that does pipes or look in your local telephone directory, should cost next to nothing, which ever way you go make sure pipe inside is clean, I use carb cleaner in a can and let it dry for awhile before installing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will try ringing a few hydraulics places in the morning - thanks for that tip.

If I take the pipe off does the system empty itself? If so is there any way to stop it or reduce it, or is it a good time to replace the fluid. I've got a litre bottle of ATF fluid ready but the system takes 1.7litres so I'll have to buy another bottle if it all drops out!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Depends on which one it is again, but probably 1/2 atleast....

I was going to suggest the same, I'm actually toying with some pre-fab hoses built to the right length with compression fittings to the pipe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried ringing loads of hydraulics places, none of them would touch it, most just said they don't do them, one said they won't touch car stuff for safety reasons (they only did trucks and heavy machinary!) and another said they don't do anything that small.

So it looks like I'm stuffed for having one made up.

The two local places want silly money for replacement pipes, I can buy it online for £75 delivered,

Still tempted by the ebay second hand ones - any thoughts on the second hand ones do they look complete?

Just thought I'd try one more place which I've used in the past and they said they do, do them and they want to look at it to give me a price to either repair or copy it. Only problem with this place is they tend to be a little expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts