Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I was getting a new set of tires installed on my RR the other day, the tire store, which also happens to do general maintenance service, decided to give me a complimentary checkup.

I was told that everything looked OK w/ the exception of the valve cover leak and the dirtiness of the power steering fluid. Now, I knew that the valve cover was leaking a bit, like any other RRs, but until now didn't even cross my mind to flush the power steering fluid.

So, with regards to the power steering fluid, is there a recommended way to do the flush? I was thinking about doing the turkey baster method of replacing most of the fluid in the resevoir w/ new fluid. Atleast, my thinking is that doing so is gonna get the overall ph level down.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the input about the Dexron III. Though getting my hands on straight-forward Dexron IIIs might be difficult as most auto shops around here has Dexron IV or, some mixture that's for extended mile vehicles and/or domestic vehicles w/ specs requiring Dexron IIIs or better-But doesn't exactly say that it's Dexron IIIs.

BTW, was there supposed to be a link in your text? I was curious about the article that you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, guys.

Now, all I need to find is Dexron III and a helper who's willing to work for free or maybe a round of beer.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I haven't tried the online route yet for the fluid to be honest, but from local brick&mortar shops like Napa, Pepboys, Autozone, etc, straight-forward Dexron IIIs is pretty much impossible to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts