RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My Sport 4.4 V8 suddenly experiencing power loss, outrageously low mileage (4.2 km/l) and rough idling. The check engine light came on yesterday but haven't pulled the codes yet. Recently had it serviced with all spark plugs changed. The O2 sensors were also changed recently.

Any ideas of what normally causes this? My thinking is vacuum leak, dirty MAF, or faulty fuel injectors. Couldn't be the fuel pump could it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Clean your MAF and go get the codes pulled

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Betcha the tech didn't seat the new wires to the new plugs correctly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had the codes pulled:

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 07.14.08.jpg

Any ideas on how to proceed? The mechanic also noticed the gearbox seemed to not have been serviced for a long time they're doing that as well.

The mechanic is the guy who's been servicing my Range Rover Classic for the past six years but not sure he is fully conversant with the newer models.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
If you google those rich codes you will find a lot of info on them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I see, it appears thsat the O2 circuit codes both high and low are a bit confusing. A high O2 reading may be two things, one is a lean mixture, and the other is a leaking exhaust system upstream of the sensor. I would be checking for cracked exhaust manifolds, or leaking fittings ahead of the sensor. I suspect that the sensor two codes are sympathetic, meaning a confused computer. I'd start there. Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts