RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I have a L322, 2005 4.4 V8. I am having a strange problem when unlocking and starting the car. When the central locking fires it sometimes doesn’t unlock the rear doors and the power steering is occasionally very heavy. I initially thought this was related to voltage but it has a new battery, the alternator is new and the car starts immediately. I also have a problem with the cigar lighter socket (all three at the front) seem to intermediately drop out. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start looking? I have the gearbox xyz switch error but i am saving up for a new switch for that one.
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have noticed also that when you unlock the car and it doesn’t unlock the rear doors the power steering doesn’t work (steering is heavy) If you push the unlock door button in the car it still doesn’t unlock the rear doors. If i start the car and wait a few minutes then turn it off then on again the button works and the power steering comes back. So it looks like a power issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has it thrown any codes? Search for BCU and steering as a simple reset BCU may be what is needed..

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm thinking a dying, dead or faulty BCU. Mine did a lot of crazy things as it was going out. I had these symptoms plus my AC started throwing out warm air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No codes thrown. I checked battery condition again but nothing. I then went through the wiring diagram and found the central locking is controlled from multiple fuses.

I removed all of the fuses from the glove box fuse box and replaced them with new fuses and now the central locking is work.

I think although the fuses had not blown there was a high resistance on a couple of them due to fuse blades becoming dull.

Anyway all working now.... on to the next electrical gremlin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts