RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would I post from my phone? Well the tow truck is going to be 3 hours! I heard a pop while sitting in traffic I thought someone hit me, turns out a moment later white smoke from under the hood. Popped the hood coolant everywhere! Closer look it seems the expansion tank has exploded. Split right down a vertical seam. Luckly the dealer has the part seems like a simple repair :think:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
THREE HOURS? I take you don't have AAA?
I do have AAA, getting a little close to xmas though... He actually only took 2 hours, range broke down on the main strip which was gridlock traffic..

Anything special with this install? Looks like just some quick release hoses, a sensor and two bolts holding it on.

TIA

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All repaired... It took the whole gallon of coolant I had though, and it's still not full seems like a lot... Half the bottle had the tank topped off, but every time I pinched the rad hose it sucked the coolant down... So I need to get more coolant tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Same place mine went a couple of weeks ago. I always thought it would go along the join.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Keep an eye on those push on hose connections.

I got my radiattor replaced a while back and a few days later the top hise came off. Coolant everywhere!!!! :doh:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garioch43 said:
Keep an eye on those push on hose connections.

I got my radiattor replaced a while back and a few days later the top hise came off. Coolant everywhere!!!! :doh:
I will for sure, and I have the replacement on hand, just a little cold last night to be pulling that apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts