RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
New softie;

Has som rust i the floor but I intend to restore her to former glory. new chrome bumpers, some new paint and she will look great. Softdash cars are pretty rare here in Europe so it would be a shame to let her die, even though she has some rust issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PSI250 said:
too many clean rovers in this thread... reminds me of what mind could have looked like!

My 1986 Hiline from Australia

Running a freshly rebuilt 3.9L from a '96 Discovery with a MegaSquirt ECU, along with a '96 discovery R380, Front and rear Maxi-Drive lockers and Axles, 40mm body lift, 3" susp lift, 35" Q78 Super Swampers on cut down and widened original range rover rims.

Now thats what I remember of the Rangies! I'm living in Miami at the moment (from Mackay QLD) and It is so hard to find a solid 4WD Rangie!! Nice truck, looks neat and tough!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is my 1991 Range Rover that got passed down to me a few years back. Just got it revived and running GOOD :D Winch Bumper, Roof Kayak Rack, Tightened Steering Box and No Cats. 175,000 miles and still running strong. :D

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Hi all,

New to the forum over here in the UK! On my second RR Classic - the first was a 1991 Vogue SE 3.9 V8 in Westminster Grey with Grey leather, pictured below:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I sold the grey '91 Vogue SE last year and purchased a 1994 Vogue SE 3.9 V8 in Ardennes green with cream leather. This is a soft dash model with EAS (air suspension) and also has an LPG conversion, meaning I can use it more often without worrying about making the middle east even more wealthy too quickly! Petrol is around £1.35 /litre here in the UK, LPG around 70p /litre, so it makes a big difference. Here's some pics:

I am upgrading this car for winter use here in the UK (the last couple of years have been bad, this year is annoyingly snow free so far!) and also for an Overland trip to Morocco this summer. Since buying her I have fixed a whole list of problems (numerous interior lights, engine running cold, heated seats, other electrical woes!), given her a service and made the following upgrades, trying to keep her as understated and standard looking as possible:

- Replaced the mismatched tyres for a set of 235/75/16 Insa Turbo Traction Track A/T tyres
- Replaced all four air springs with new ones
- Fitted diff guards front and rear
- Fitted JATE rings to the front chassis rails for recovery points
- Had an iPod phono lead added to the original headunit + got the sub & amp working
- Fitted an 88 degree thermostat (some chump had removed it!)
- Fitted the front light guards

I am also currently building a lockable gun chest into the boot for going shooting and then on top of this will be a removable storage system for the trip to Morocco, housing recovery, cooking and sleeping gear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whilst she is kept pretty clean, she does go offroad too:

...and also rescues friends in stuck Discovery's:

Some nice looking Classic's on here, keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post! HI!

Just picked up this 1993 LWB today.

View attachment 10190
View attachment 10191
View attachment 10192

Was so excited I had to take it for a ride through the fields behind the house.

View attachment 10194
View attachment 10195

...and what sets this one apart:

View attachment 10193

BMW M52 engine. The Rover V8 had a hole in the block so my friend put the BMW engine in. It makes about the same horsepower was the V8, but obviously is lacking in torque. M3 cams and a chip should make up for that though. I'm a BMW nut at heart. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
No way am I doing this again, my wife had been going to university in the UK for a few years so I had bought a 1993 200tdi RRC to use when visiting her. In 2010 she finished there so I loaded most of her stuff into the RR and dropped it off for shipping. It took about a year and a half before it shipped. During that time the lift gate leaked and the rot got bad in the rear body cross member and other areas. When we started to strip the truck out to do the RHD to LHD conversion it became apparent that there would be a gross amount of welding required to fix the steel inner body shell up so we used the shell from the donor NAS RR that we where stripping the LHD parts from. These pics give a very rough idea of what happened in exactly 13 days from the truck driving into the garage to when it could drive back out.

This is what was left after all the rotten rusty parts where cut up

Might as well do the clutch

LHD steering box needs a LHD axle

The Borg viscous had died so an LT230 might as well go in now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Frame has been wire wheeled/painted and things are starting to come together

New body inner shell ready to drop onto the old frame

The shell and frame meet for the first time

I can't believe how much stuff has to go back into the stripped shell

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple weeks ago in no mans land. believe it or not, we are above tree line here, looks like a dessert pic.

Did a little suspension work over the weekend - looking a little taller now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
21 - 40 of 389 Posts