RangeRovers.net Forum banner

241 - 260 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Some pics from yesterday after picking it up from the shop. Just had a whole bunch of work done. New suspension, brakes, tires, bushings, and radiator. Runs like a champ now! Bull bar was reinstalled after repainting.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice - what suspension set up did you go with?
I went with the Land Rover OEM "police spec" springs. Green in the front and pink and white in the rear. Shocks are terrafirma pro sport +2". Good for a slight lift over stock. OME and terrafirma springs have a pretty high spring rate and I wanted to keep the ride fairly soft. Still pretty stiff compared to the worn out stuff that was on there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I went with the Land Rover OEM "police spec" springs. Green in the front and pink and white in the rear. Shocks are terrafirma pro sport +2". Good for a slight lift over stock. OME and terrafirma springs have a pretty high spring rate and I wanted to keep the ride fairly soft. Still pretty stiff compared to the worn out stuff that was on there.
looks great! i have greens up front and pink/greens in the back with a 1/2" spacer. i might try the red/whites and see how she sits. i was concerned about the extra weight of my lwb though in the rear...

·
Registered
134 Posts
looks great! i have greens up front and pink/greens in the back with a 1/2" spacer. i might try the red/whites and see how she sits. i was concerned about the extra weight of my lwb though in the rear...
I was mistaken. The rears are Red & White, not pink and white. Part number NRC4304 if anyone is curious.
I'm not sure what springs are stock in the rear of the LWB, but mine were green (150lbs). The red and whites are 170lbs.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was mistaken. The rears are Red & White, not pink and white. Part number NRC4304 if anyone is curious.
I'm not sure what springs are stock in the rear of the LWB, but mine were green (150lbs). The red and whites are 170lbs.
unfortunately they only came in air suspension so nothing to compare to! I knew you meant red/white. in fact i didnt notice you wrote pink until you pointed it out! lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love these pics! Looks great covered in snow. What are your thoughts on tyre pressure for snow driving? Had always thought it was better to lower it for grip, but then got sent this article by a Landy-driving friend of mine (I do have some!) which said that this was a myth and that it's better to maintain regular air pressure. Similarly, do you bother with winter tyres for snow? Or just regulars?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
Love these pics! Looks great covered in snow. What are your thoughts on tyre pressure for snow driving? Had always thought it was better to lower it for grip, but then got sent this article by a Landy-driving friend of mine (I do have some!) which said that this was a myth and that it's better to maintain regular air pressure. Similarly, do you bother with winter tyres for snow? Or just regulars?
Spam? Looks like spam.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Haha! By the way, those bad boys are actually the same size yours are (215/85/R16), just slightly less aggressive. Love them, no rubbing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought they were! I think its the absolute best size for rover. skinnies all the way!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
215s were on the CT trucks...
CamelTrophy.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
after a coating of "gtechniq"

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
gtechnique?
Agreed, looks like new.

From the company website "Gtechniq smart surface science combines the latest in fields such as nanochemistry and supramolecular chemistry, with rigorous real-world and laboratory testing."

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pablo, my latest aquisition a 1991 with 72,000 miles on it

Attachments

241 - 260 of 384 Posts