RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have HID xenons on the RR, im looking to get a pair but dont want it to be too bright and obvious thats its not stock, 8000k is too much IMO considering stock HIDs are 4300K, 6000k might do, but need to see some pics of them on a range to get an idea

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
It's always obvious that it's not stock due to the fluted lenses on our cars. It makes it glare a bit. I got flashed pretty often with mine, even though they were aimed right. Plus...I used a cheap eBay kit, which didn't help I'm sure. Anyway...I took em off. You want to buy em? $50 shipped with 5k bulbs. All you.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
kmagnuss said:
It's always obvious that it's not stock due to the fluted lenses on our cars. It makes it glare a bit. I got flashed pretty often with mine, even though they were aimed right. Plus...I used a cheap eBay kit, which didn't help I'm sure. Anyway...I took em off. You want to buy em? $50 shipped with 5k bulbs. All you.
No it could have been stock. There's some Mercedes S-Class that had xenons but with fluted lenses.
2 years that i got them and i wasn't flashed once except about other LR owners.
I used a middle class kit. Bixenon H4 HID. Brand is GTHID. Very satisfied with that stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
JaguarS4R said:

None of those kits are the right ones. The first two are 9005's and the last is H1. We need H4 for the main bulbs, 9005 for the high beams, and h1 for the fogs.

BTW...mine are bi-xenon too. :roll: Another waste of money.

If you were local I'd give them to you for a 12 pack of Hacker Pschorr. I actually have a H1 kit also...but one of the transformer thingys blew. More sweet ebay crap.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you have a bi-xenon kit that will fit my application? Ours only take H4 style? Send me a pic? How old is your kit

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
996TURBO said:
kmagnuss said:
No it could have been stock. There's some Mercedes S-Class that had xenons but with fluted lenses.
2 years that i got them and i wasn't flashed once except about other LR owners.
I used a middle class kit. Bixenon H4 HID. Brand is GTHID. Very satisfied with that stuff.
you're thinking of a 98 and 99 S-Class

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had mine on my old truck, 6k color. a touch too purple for me. i look like one of those yo-boys coming up the street towards you. I'm making the move to 5k. mags, shoot me a PM...let's chat.

Anthony

I'm actually having a problem at the moment with mine--it's weird. maybe one of you guys can help me figure this one out. so, i put my bulbs into the larger reflector closest to the edges of the truck. i connected them as I thought they need to be, but for some reason, the xenons only come on when I have my high beams on (and my high beams come on too from the smaller reflectors closest to the center of truck). Can anyone help? if they can get mine fixed, i'll post the pics of the 6k color for you and return your hijacked post :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice ^ Ah dreams! :pray:

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
JaguarS4R said:
fogs look really good, So I can get HID kits for the log lights?
I've already told you this...twice. You can put HID's in your **** reverse lights if you want to bad enough.

Where's my spoon?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually the license plate frame lights would be awesome in LED's or HID? like the LEXUS

·
Registered
97 Posts
hids in the stock housings will blind other drivers. they have a horrible beam pattern and are not really safe because of that and htey can melt the reflective material off, ive seen it several times. argue if you must about the temps being lower, but the temps are more focused so melting happens.. try some OSRAM x-tra vision bulbs.

(I used casper shields, the best designed H4 bulb holder available and it sucked in these housings)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
KyleT said:
hids in the stock housings will blind other drivers. they have a horrible beam pattern and are not really safe because of that and htey can melt the reflective material off, ive seen it several times. argue if you must about the temps being lower, but the temps are more focused so melting happens.. try some OSRAM x-tra vision bulbs.

(I used casper shields, the best designed H4 bulb holder available and it sucked in these housings)
I may disappoint you but mines do not blind anyone even me in another car, i never received any flash of furious drivers.
My light are set low and the difference of beam pattern isn't noticeable.

But i understand what you say about the temps more focused one one point, melting didn't happen but black color of the light is now slightly gray.

I believe i wouldn't go back to halogens. I really appreciate the extra safety during night journeys

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not having seen the beam pattern produced by your headlights it's difficult to judge, but I think many people have gotten used to more glare from xenon headlights (even stock ones produce more glare than halogen headlamps!) and might not flash you for blinding because they think it's "normal".

I think I'll stop now, I think it's highly unlikely you'll ever blind me...

That said, I like "real" xenon headlamps, at least the low beams in my Mercedes CL are great (bi-xenon high beams are rubbish, though)

Sigi

·
Registered
173 Posts

That is my RR "Darkness" in the picture. The headlamps and fogs are both HID from a company that has gone out of business, which is to bad since they have been problem free and seem very high quality. The Kelvin color is 6000K. The fogs look more "blue" as I had just turned them on seconds before the picture and they had not heated up to normal temp yet.I have never been flashed for them being to bright and they put out a good beam that is better than my new RR's with active features. I have also taken the headlamps and fog lamps out and inspected them and there is no melting to the reflector etc.. The H4 headlamp is a bi-xenon hi & low and the fog lamps are an H1.

I would recommend getting a quality set of HID's and doing some homework. There is a company that I used on all my cars for my lisc. plate bulbs that offers an LED with a built in resistor that over-rides the error message on the dash. They are a 194 wedge style bulb for the P38 RR's. Here is the link: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Europea ... _sku27.htm

They offer two colors, make sure to get the "Xenon White" the color looks really modern without looking boy-racer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts