RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics...tell us what you used...I know we'd all benefit from ways people painted their e-pillars, wiper areas, rubber hatch parts, bumper refreshing, gloss treatments, whatever. Tell us what you used and how you did it. I cant be the only one interested in seeing how they look..

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Boiled linseed oil is highly recommended on another forum

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is my kind of thread.

Please keep the pics coming. My E pillars need a refreshing asap.

N.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
You could try smooth peanut butter.

Or "flashing" greyed plastic with a heat gun to bring they colour back to the surface.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I've always used duplicolor bumper paint. I haven't had to do it to the P yet...but this summer might be the time. I doubt it though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use "Back to Black" its like a liquid polish and makes a good job especially the e pillars I do all the trim door handles mirrors and bumpers leave it a couple of mins then buff up, just make sure you wear some rubber gloves and do it before you polish the paintwork then you can clean up the paintwork which you get a little of the black polish on.

·
Registered
308 Posts

The lamp gaurds came out pretty nice (me thinks). Im not sure about the bumper yet, it may be a little too shiny. Im hoping that it will match up better when I wash everything. I also painted the front grill, which came out looking great!

Dan

·
Registered
553 Posts
Three Phase what did you use. I know some guys use silicone spray but that tend to attract sand and dirt and after a while you end up with more sand on your car that on the ground

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah, guys...please...use the IMG codes in your post and put the URL between the IMG/IMG html codes so they post on the site. also, post your pic and tell us what product you used in the same post :thumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I used rustoleum hammered black plastic spray for the lamp guards, and rustoleum universal glossy black spray for the bumper.
On the unpictured grill, I used rustoleum universal flat black. Time will tell how much dirt attracts to it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
I use Meguiars Trim Detailer.

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
It depends on how much time the car spends outside. ie. is it garaged. It tends to streak a bit if it is rained on a lot but it is so easy to apply that I give it a once over when it shows signs of weathering. The rear bumper takes less than five minutes to apply and a minute to buff with a dry cloth after ten minutes or so. It does build up a resistance to weathering after a few applications.

My car is always garaged and I apply it every two to three months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the grill, I have had the best luck and what I think as the closest match to original with Dupli-Color Bumper Coating in what appears to be a charcoal gray. It is designed for this application and has a nice satin finish.

[attachment=0:1e12xudd]IMG_0152.JPG[/attachment:1e12xudd]

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts