RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if it's possible. With the cold hanging out in NY for right now, I hope it's possible that I can go into the driveway start the car and lock the doors so it can warm up. My 07 Infiniti does that, but when I try to do it on the Rover it just beeps. What am I doing wrong?

Let me also say that I tried a search that came up empty. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Way I do it it getting to car, start it, get heat on and seats on, wind down window, get out, lock the car using the button on the door, and screw up the window.

Make sure the keys are in your pocket or you're locked out! The keyless will let you back in when you need

·
Registered
458 Posts
(Looks like Rossy has a "solution.") This was my response before.

Good question. Mine does it as well. It gives you that quick series of "sub-compact car horns." I haven't tried this, but what if you used the actual lock buttons inside the car as you walk out? Key fob? I'm just trying to think of some options. The car should know if the key is outside or inside the car, so why does it get so angry at wanting to lock the doors, you know?

What's interesting is I had an '09 Infiniti FX and '09 370Z. Both of them wouldn't let me lock the door, which is different than your '07. They would make really loud beeping sounds for about 2 seconds and scare the hell out of me! Ha ha!

Let us know if you try the other methods. Good luck!

BTW, any car that allows itself to be driven away without the smartkey is interesting. I say, no key, no go. Simple as that. I have heard stories of people starting up their keyless cars, getting out, setting down their key mindlessly, and driving off. "Let's restart. Uh oh." I know it says "Smartkey not found." Well, don't let the car move.

You'd say, well what if your key dies. I'd say, "Well how did you start it up to begin with?" You'd say, "What if it dies while you're going?" I'd say, "That would be the exception. Let it run and say, Smartkey signal lost. If you put the car in park, you will not be able to resume travel."

Sorry. Just a quick lilttle smartkey rant.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Way I do it it getting to car, start it, get heat on and seats on, wind down window, get out, lock the car using the button on the door, and screw up the window.

Make sure the keys are in your pocket or you're locked out! The keyless will let you back in when you need
Guess I will try that, but then the key wants to work when it feels like, which is a whole 'nother problem. SMH

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll ask this tomorrow at service as I was wondering this as well since my 08 BMW does it. Nice to be able to warm and leave and lock. I'll try the rolling up the window deal but I feel like I might not be able to get back into the car if that is the case as it'll only let me unlock from the inside. Maybe I'll leave another window open just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts