RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! Our 2009 RRS SC engine light came on yesterday in the morning. We are at about 65353 miles and the last oil change was at 60000. That evening I drove the Range to get the Oil and Filters and the light was still on. After Draining the oil, changing the filter, and refilling the engine I started the car. The light is now off!?!

My question which may be dumb is. Do these cars having some sort of sensors that tell the computer if the oil has been drained or the filter has been replace?

I understand this could just be a coincidence but it seems odd.

Either way the car I running great and no other problems at this time......except needing a new dynamic response front sway bar!!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
There is no such sensor. The Service Interval Reminder would briefly pop up in the instrument cluster after you start the car, then turn off until the next restart. On MY09s like yours, it is possible to manually reset the SII (after you perform your own oil change for example) in lieu of using a diagnostic tool, but I doubt you would have done so accidentally. How long ago was the last oil change performed (the 60K miles one)?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no such sensor. The Service Interval Reminder would briefly pop up in the instrument cluster after you start the car, then turn off until the next restart. On MY09s like yours, it is possible to manually reset the SII (after you perform your own oil change for example) in lieu of using a diagnostic tool, but I doubt you would have done so accidentally.
Thank you for the response. I was standing around scratching my head last night and guess I will just forget about it unless it comes back on! Have a great day!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Umberto asked how long since the last oil change. I think that after the last reset , it will call for a service after 6 months has passed regardless of how far it has travelled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts