RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I fitted these for the winter season here in California. Fitting them involves removing (obviously) the old wiper blades, but also those fitting clips, which on the driver's side (LH drive model) includes the aerofoil. Operation with washers is very smooth, and they cleaned the windshield of anything which the previous wipers always seemed to miss, so coverage seems good, stationary and at freeway speed. Quality seems fine - long term operation? Who knows. Also, they look very clean/smart mounted on the Rover.

L322 Wipers

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Nice. I need to replace mine with some. I'm in Canada so let's see how they hold up to the winter here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We make/CNC a stability/filler block and use an SS screw with nylock. Designed for Bosch OE wiper blades. You can get them at garage9.com. Tested for years without issue and fussy #1 customer is me!

The XU above looks a little sketchy imo. It'll work I'm sure but stability in the torsional side of things idk.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the wipers: they've been perfect so far, no juddering, a clean wipe, very smooth, and over Thanksgiving I saw it all, heavy rain, sleet, and snow.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
85 Posts
For what it's worth, avoid the Lucas wipers sold by Atlantic British (apparently their default brand). They don't come with any clips so you'll end up using your old, compromised (and in my case, partially broken) clips. They also left modest rain gaps when wiping, leading me to suspect they may have been older stock with somewhat hardened rubber. The Rain-X wiper I put on the back window not only fit and worked perfectly, so did the clips it came with.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
23 Posts
For what it's worth, avoid the Lucas wipers sold by Atlantic British (apparently their default brand). They don't come with any clips so you'll end up using your old, compromised (and in my case, partially broken) clips. They also left modest rain gaps when wiping, leading me to suspect they may have been older stock with somewhat hardened rubber. The Rain-X wiper I put on the back window not only fit and worked perfectly, so did the clips it came with.
I now avoid buying anything from Atlantic British(AB). earlier this year when I realized I needed new front wipers for my '06 L322 SC in a hurry, I ordered online a set from AB. As I was leaving for a long trip 48 hours later paid a substantial premium for overnight delivery .

It took AB over 24 hours to process my order and shipped them when I contacted them to cancel as they'd not arrived overnight. I wanted new as the stupid plastic mounting on my old blades had broken and the blades were well worn. I ended up gluing the broken plastic parts and reusing my old blades for my trip until I was able to buy what I needed over the counter some days later. The AB shipment lies unopened on my bench.

I believe part of AB's problem is their sales people are paid by commission, not customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We make/CNC a stability/filler block and use an SS screw with nylock. Designed for Bosch OE wiper blades. You can get them at garage9.com. Tested for years without issue and fussy #1 customer is me!

The XU above looks a little sketchy imo. It'll work I'm sure but stability in the torsional side of things idk.
I'm intrigued by this, as I have a Bosch Icon on the rear and would like to have them on the front as well. Does it look clunky at all or lift the arm away from the windshield? Can you share some photos of the fitted product?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which model and length of Rain-X wipers are you using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts