RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 2016 Diesel Sport used with no warranty. 1 week later all hell breaks loose. A/C only blows cold on driver side, suspension fault, Issue with emissions system since its a diesel. Stereo volume goes up and down on its own when its in FM. Took it to dealer so they could see what is going on with the suspension. As I figured the compressor is failing cause I would only hear it go on every once in a while. So I'm gonna buy a compressor of eBay and see how that goes. I finally got the emission thing taken care of after driving 100 miles on the freeway. I guess the filter need a good burn off. Hopefully this new compressor is just plug and play and I dont have to take it back to the dealer to flash the computer to make this work. They charge 195.00 a hr. But their customer service is pretty **** good. Im out of warranty and they still gave me a loaner. Will keep updated on compressor job. Just in case someone else has the same issue and wants to fix it cheaply. They said compressor was 1100.00 plus labor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
45 Posts
Had a BMW X5 that only blew cold air from the driver's side. Was told it does that when the refrigerant is low. Had it recharged and the problem was fixed. I also have a Grand Cherokee with air suspension and one of the lines developed a leak. Line was replaced by the dealer and all is fine now. The system is filled with nitrogen(?) vs air so yours may be too and need to be refilled to a certain level/pressure by the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MIne ac isnt working due to one of the blend motors not opening all the way. Air ride is bad cause compressor is failing. One day Ill tear open the center console to replace blend motor. As for air ride I got a new compressor on the way. Hopefully it fixes my issue.

·
Registered
147 Posts
MIne ac isnt working due to one of the blend motors not opening all the way. Air ride is bad cause compressor is failing. One day Ill tear open the center console to replace blend motor. As for air ride I got a new compressor on the way. Hopefully it fixes my issue.
It will... I hear the ones bought off eBay are really good and work just as well as OEM's compressor's do. Someone did a really good write up here about 5 weeks ago on the subject and a tutorial how to with pics. You should definitely search for it and have on hand while swapping out compressors!

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I bought this 2016 Diesel Sport used with no warranty. 1 week later all hell breaks loose. A/C only blows cold on driver side, suspension fault, Issue with emissions system since its a diesel. Stereo volume goes up and down on its own when its in FM. Took it to dealer so they could see what is going on with the suspension. As I figured the compressor is failing cause I would only hear it go on every once in a while. So I'm gonna buy a compressor of eBay and see how that goes. I finally got the emission thing taken care of after driving 100 miles on the freeway. I guess the filter need a good burn off. Hopefully this new compressor is just plug and play and I dont have to take it back to the dealer to flash the computer to make this work. They charge 195.00 a hr. But their customer service is pretty **** good. Im out of warranty and they still gave me a loaner. Will keep updated on compressor job. Just in case someone else has the same issue and wants to fix it cheaply. They said compressor was 1100.00 plus labor.
Compressor swap from eBay will run you just shy of $300 and is an hour job at the most if you are handy at all. No Freaking way would I pay $1100 for the dealer to take 18 minutes of labor because they've done a hundred of them before.

You gotta get a warranty bro! I think I counted 10 plus different Warranty Companies that will warranty your Rover for 3years/36K miles; full powertrain (anything oil touches), tranny, AC/HVAC systems, ignition system, differentials, brakes, hub unit bearings, radiator cooling systems, etc. priced anywhere from 3K to 5K. Mine was $4900 out the door and I thank God that I bought it even though I know I paid too much for it. One trip to the shop for something could easily cost 3-5K so it more than pays for itself if you want to keep your Rover. I always plan on keeping vehicles for 10-12 years and we typically do. No way could I do that without buying a premium warranty with a sensible deductible. Next time I re-up the warranty I'll do a much better job at shopping for a more competitive price with a no hassle "They'll pay for it" attitude!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Compressor swap from eBay will run you just shy of $300 and is an hour job at the most if you are handy at all. No Freaking way would I pay $1100 for the dealer to take 18 minutes of labor because they've done a hundred of them before.

You gotta get a warranty bro! I think I counted 10 plus different Warranty Companies that will warranty your Rover for 3years/36K miles; full powertrain (anything oil touches), tranny, AC/HVAC systems, ignition system, differentials, brakes, hub unit bearings, radiator cooling systems, etc. priced anywhere from 3K to 5K. Mine was $4900 out the door and I thank God that I bought it even though I know I paid too much for it. One trip to the shop for something could easily cost 3-5K so it more than pays for itself if you want to keep your Rover. I always plan on keeping vehicles for 10-12 years and we typically do. No way could I do that without buying a premium warranty with a sensible deductible. Next time I re-up the warranty I'll do a much better job at shopping for a more competitive price with a no hassle "They'll pay for it" attitude!
I fixed this right after posting it. I bought a compressor on eBay and put it in. Has been working great since then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts