RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just wanted to report a favorable experience with safelite autoglass. i know others have had mixed experiences with them.

got whacked nicely almost dead center in the windshield on the way home from the office a couple days ago on the highway. received one of those lovely perfectly round craters in the glass where the stone hit. no cracks luckily, just a crater.
called my insurer and it's covered under my policy with no deductible. they made an appointment for me and the guy was at my office this morning on time and ready to rock. thirty minutes later he had it all cleaned out and filled in. all that remains from a chip the size of a dime is a tiny speck. otherwise invisible. my main goal was to salvage the integrity of the windshield so only time will tell; but at the outset he appears to have gotten out all air and condensation from last night that was settling into it.

clearly this does not rise to the amount of work others have had done by them so i'm only talking about a routine repair, but i was pleased with the folks i dealt with on the phone and the dude who did the work was a straight shooter. therefore i'd recommend the safelite in my area for routine damage. can't speak to a replace or install or their other branches.

best,
dutch

·
Registered
922 Posts
The technology is very good... I carry the small retail kit (A$34) in the glove box and have used it to repair three "craters" and a couple of small "cracks"...almost invisible now :D

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
talk to me about the retail kit.
NAPA, Schucks etc carry them. I have one on the shelf in the garage at all times.

Yup, Permatex, 10 bucks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
NAPA, Schucks etc carry them. I have one on the shelf in the garage at all times.

Yup, Permatex, 10 bucks.
Mine ended blowing up all over the windshield after I did not follow the instructions :doh: lol.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
lrscott said:

Yup, Permatex, 10 bucks.
Mine ended blowing up all over the windshield after I did not follow the instructions :doh: lol.
Instructions? ques que se instructions? :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts