RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how long it takes for the car to get from the shipping port (Baltimore in this case) to the dealership(outside Philly)? Is it days or weeks. My ship comes in on the 28th. Wondering if I'll be able to pick up on the 6th. 7 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Anyone know how long it takes for the car to get from the shipping port (Baltimore in this case) to the dealership(outside Philly)? Is it days or weeks. My ship comes in on the 28th. Wondering if I'll be able to pick up on the 6th. 7 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
assuming you don't have any work done on your car at the port, it's possible. unloading and releasing from the port is a few days, transit is also a few days (there might not be a trailer waiting at the port, it might take 2 hours or 2-3 days until the car is loaded on one), and the dealer also needs a day or two for delivery inspections and configuration.
of course there's also the possibility of Land Rover realizing a problem and issuing a temporary "HOLD" order on all shipments - that happened at least twice in the last 12 months. I had a car take 5 days and another one almost 2 weeks from Baltimore to NH - so, possible but far from certain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks totya. No matter what, two weeks from the 28th would be two weeks earlier than original date, so fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My dealership told me it averages about 2 weeks from Port to delivery, and that it is a fairly reliable estimate.

Hope so. Mine was offloaded from the vessel today.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
this most definitely differs country by country.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Totally agree. Also varies by final destination and nearest port. Once in port what port installed options are involved? I've heard from a couple of dealers that 48 hours for full inspection and set up is bare minimum. Up to a week for more intensive accessories. Is your Rover being trucked or taking a train to the regional lot for dealer pick up? From the regional lot is it going on dedicated transport with other JLR products or catching the first available carrier to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
sidesteps would be one.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Even though I didn't just recently order a JLR product I did order a foreign vehicle this thread makes me feel a little better. All I have is an order number from my dealer (barely) and NO dates of any kind. I did just recently find out that it has made it to the boat. So they say. Coming in from Baltimore to Philly Burbs

Nice that JLR provides as much information that they do. Can't wait to order my Land Rover this year and tell my "other" dealer what the correct way to order a vehicle for a customer is.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Just to clarify, Land Rover officially does not provide this information. The dealer can see a VIN after the build date, and that's it. Someone was smart enough to figure out what logistics company they use, and by chance said logistics company use the VIN number as their cargo identifier. This might change tomorrow and we'll be SOL with future orders, with nobody to complain to.
Tracking is not provided by Land Rover, outside the tentative dates on the build sheet (order cutoff, build date, ETA to dealer, ETA to customer)

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Just to clarify, Land Rover officially does not provide this information. The dealer can see a VIN after the build date, and that's it. Someone was smart enough to figure out what logistics company they use, and by chance said logistics company use the VIN number as their cargo identifier. This might change tomorrow and we'll be SOL with future orders, with nobody to complain to.
Tracking is not provided by Land Rover, outside the tentative dates on the build sheet (order cutoff, build date, ETA to dealer, ETA to customer)
Thanks. I was looking on marinevesselfinder.com and didn't see how to enter a VIN#. If that is the site I forget.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
http://www.2wglobal.com/

"track and trace"

Enter your VIN for the bill of lading number.

Now that is off the top of my head so it may be a reference or ID number instead of BOL.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sidesteps would be one.
That's really interesting. I had no idea. I always assumed options like that would be installed by the dealer. Just curious, why would they be installed at the Port instead of the dealer? Who actually installs them, some sort of subcontractor?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update for future searchers. Car arrived in port of Baltimore on Thursday night and arrives at dealer one week later on Friday. Pick up on Saturday afternoon

·
Registered
212 Posts
My dealership told me it averages about 2 weeks from Port to delivery, and that it is a fairly reliable estimate.

Hope so. Mine was offloaded from the vessel today.
Took just over two weeks to go from port (Halifax) to dealership. Delivery will be exactly 3 weeks after being offloaded from vessel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts