RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 RR HSE I've read up as much as I can on this. I know it's the sway bar, sway bar bushing or LCAs. IF I jack up the car is there anyway to visually see or test them in any way? It seems to be coming from the left side.

Argh, this thing is going in on Weds for the AC being out. Hopefully I can fix whatever is wrong on my own. I do not like having to take it in for the AC but I just couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If they are really bad you'll probably be able to jiggle them around and see them moving and clunking... but otherwise it may not be totally obvious. You can also look at the rubber to see if it is torn, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a car that did the same think...would clunk over speed bumps but couldn't duplicate it up on jack...got so frustrating I changed out the shocks and didn't fix the problem...

Through trial and error I found out it was the brake pads being rusty and slamming up and down inside the caliper...just an idea...probably best to maybe take a wheel off and check sway bar links, pads, or kack it up and check the play in the hub (just thinking outloud)

*edit sorry hard to type on my phone..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts