RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what this noise could be exactly, everytime I turn the car slowly I hear a popping noise coming from the suspension underneath my feet? My question is, is it the air bags that are going out or is it the bushings for the suspension? Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
There is nothing EAS related that would cause a popping sound. Your best is going to be crawling under and feel the suspension parts while someone turns the wheel. Since we have no clue what year Rover you are working with we really can't get too specific with suspension specifics between generations.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
you should also exercise the suspension put the truck in off road height and drive it for a mile or so go slow this will redistribute the grease in the joints.
Otherwise the bushings on the lower control arm links might be going bad.
IMHO its easier to buy new lower arms to swap in instead of replacing the bushings,
You can buy just the bushings but you will have a fun time removing the old parts and then pressing in the new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
As mentioned very likely the anti-rollbar links, fairly simple to replace under an hour I'd say, $30 off of eBay and the cheap ones have been working fine for my 2004 for over a year.. Don't be afraid to go with a better company though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts