RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only people with less than 100 posts can answer this question.

What does it usually mean when "Traction Failure" appears on the information center? Especially if it does it just after start up?

The winner gets a free pass to start an annoying thread without me pissing and moaning. That's priceless. :shhh:

-Mag

Don't be afraid to answer...there's no penalty for being wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the "traction failure" fault appears just after cranking I would say that the first place of suspect would be electrical. Check the grounds associated with both the battery and alternator. Also, test the battery to ensure it is still viable. Plus, check to ensure the alternator is creating and producing enough current. Corrosion can cause a poor grounding connection, which; in-turn can cause a "traction failure" fault. Once those connections are proven secure move to the ecu ground. If the problem persists while driving and you are also receiving a "abs fault" in addition to the "traction failure" fault then another possible problem could be a loose or bad abs sensor. Another common source for the "traction failure" fault can be caused by a poorly performing or dead accumulator.

Hope this is the winning answer!

If it is the winning answer can someone give me a suggestion of a very annoying post the will not only be extremely annoying to our resident moderator but also a thread that will last for a very very long time! Most of the guys on here have a better idea of what "pushes your buttons" better than I do!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was an absolutely perfect answer. Nice work.

Pretty much any thread involving the word 'bling' or 'newer front end' gets my panties wadded up. As far as longevity goes....I'm not really sure on that one.

BTW.... Sears batteries are $10 off right now. Don't forget to bring your old one in for the $10 core charge. And if you hook up a battery charger to your cables while you change it out, you won't have to resynch the remote(s) and reset the windows/sunroof.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
You could just ask mag if 20" wheels will fit on your RR or how about who makes the best coil conversion kit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts