RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, you may remember me as the "Too shaved head guy". I bought a 2000 HSE back in January and ended up having to get some refurbished heads for it after the machine shop chopped off a bit too much. Next came the broken fuel line and then the mysterious miss. Well, I gave up on her for a bit as I didn't really need her at the time and life was taking over. Stupid Life. Anyway, I needed to do a little towing last weekend so I threw the battery back in the truck and she roared to life. Her rest hadn't cured the mysterious miss.

I only needed to tow a light load a few miles down the road so I loaded up the trailer and off we went. There was ample power even with the miss, at least at the beginning of the trip. On the way there I noticed power seemed to be dropping off. I parked the truck for maybe 15 minutes as I unloaded the trailer and she started right back up. On the way home though the truck was gutless. At a stop light I pressed on the accelerator and then floored the pedal with little effect until it crept up to about 2400 or 2500 rpms and then it took off with all it's missing glory. It did that all the way home, hunting through the gears quite ridiculously.

I've since tried driving it a couple of times and it does the same thing, driving fine for a few minutes and then eventually turning gutless as she warms up. I'm borrowing a code reader from a friend later as mine won't seem to wake up. Any preliminary guesses as to what might be the cause? Back in February I changed out the coils, wires and plugs and that had no effect on the miss. I don't remember the code from then but I think it indicated a miss on cylinder 5, both before and after changing out the ignition components. Thanks in advance!

Chris.

·
Registered
701 Posts
This sounds like a MAF sensor. The BOSCH ones typically have sensitive ones. You could try cleaning it, but that may only damage it further.

·
Registered
211 Posts
SES light on? or not enough miles after the battery install?

I would guess MAF too, but let us know what the codes are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts