RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The high beams on my 99 4.6 turned night into day! The lights on my 04 L322 border on not safe. I live in rural WI and in the morning at 5:30 the roads are very dark. I bought some fancy bulbs at the local autocrat and they are not much better. I spent some time adjusting the height of the beam patterns and found that there is only height adjustment. The lateral adjusters do nothing, no movement at all. Perhaps this is due to US regulations. Any thoughts out there on upgrades?

·
Registered
631 Posts
My 06 had HID Bi-Xenon. Meaning the HID were on all the time as low beams, and the shutter that blocks the light would flip up out of the way to allow them to project higher up when you flipped on the high beams. And also the high beam halogen bulbs would turn on.

They are noticeably better than my E46 BMW that had HID lowbeams (not Bi-Xenon) and better than my Q45, G35, or any other vehicle I had.

Do you have HID lowbeams in your L322 or are they regular halogens?

Also, I can adjust height as well as side to side on mine... Both my original 06 headlight assemblies and my 2012 assemblies.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front end has had some work to it in the past and I'm wondering if the units are not 100% OEM. I will look deeper. Thanks, Peter

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Aftermarket housings would be highly unlikely. More than likely you have a poor ground or dirty connector.

If you lateral adjusters are not doing anything they are simply stripped. The gears freeze up and/or the actual adjusting screw down below corrodes and the vertical shaft just spins in the gear below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts