RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend selling the poly bushings already installed on the radius arms and panhard rod (so no need to install bushings, just swap in the arms and rod) for not much money. Are poly bushings worth doing? Seems kinda counter intuitive for off road where we usually want more give in the suspension rather than stiffer polyurethane bushings. Or is poly better for durability?

Everything is stock for now, body lift and bigger tires are in the near future though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I vote genuine rubber bushings.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
I vote genuine rubber bushings.
Absolutely. Most members regret the poly bushes because they ruin the ride and fail much sooner thus killing any possible cost savings.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
136 Posts
this is my second rover, have genuine rubber on each one; went polys on the damper the first time; didn't last well. When the inevitable oil mixes with sand or grit, the polys just grind away.

geneo

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
282 Posts
For me, also no - too hard, too short lived - yes they save install work, but ultimately, not nearly as forgiving as the "real deal".

·
Registered
719 Posts
just replaced mine with genuine rubber. royal pita but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Seems like the only guys that prefer poly are the people who do the install work. And if you install your own, it seems the consensus is still go with the OEM rubbers, even if it's harder to install.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seems like the only guys that prefer poly are the people who do the install work. And if you install your own, it seems the consensus is still go with the OEM rubbers, even if it's harder to install.
I just had mine replaced by a mechanic and he used OEM rubber - wouldn't even discuss anything else...

Bob

·
Registered
270 Posts
Firm ride with the polyurethane bushings, that is a fact. However, if you're never off road they're a good idea,,, maybe. My ones are new and will never see a mucky track. They'll stay put, but honestly, if I were in the same situation in the future, it's OEM all the way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow thanks for all the answers guys! I kind of looked at it like it was a solution to a problem that didn't really exist, my bushings look really good and just swapping the arms over would be a lot of work with plenty of opportunity to muck up other thing to cause new problems. Stock rubbers (insert beavis and butthead cackle here lol) it is!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts