Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Classic
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll: How many tires have you destroyed hitting potholes, etc?

I've had my 2014 AB with the #7 style 22" wheels for about 4 months. I've blown out my left rear tire twice already when hitting average size potholes at relatively low speeds (15-25 mph). The tires are Continental low profile tires, which I knew would be more prone to this kind of damage, but I will have to change to some smaller wheels if I can't find a better tire than the Continentals seem to be. The sidewalls blow out way too easily in my experience thus far. I would be curious to hear from others about any preferences they may have for a "tougher" tire that fits the style 7 22" wheels.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Poll: How many tires have you destroyed hitting potholes, etc?

I've had 22's on my RRS for at least 4 years and not 1 blow out in NYC. What tire pressure do you run. I run 42 psi.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Poll: How many tires have you destroyed hitting potholes, etc?

I have 22 inch wheels on my Sport and my L322. I've already replaced one wheel and tire on the Sport and two on the L322. Going to jump to a larger sidewall. I'm at 35 and plan to go to a 45.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.