Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 RRS V-8 Supercharged Dynamic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post some pics from my polish and paint correction. First the tools of ignorance:

Sleeve Bicycle part Tire Font Carmine
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Sleeve Handgun holster
Liquid Bottle Product Fluid Personal care

Here is a shot of the worst of the damage on the liftgate by the previous owner:
Hood Fixture Astronomical object Automotive lighting Tints and shades
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

After much work:
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Fender
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

The rest of the paint wasn't nearly as bad as the liftgate so I didn't take pictures of every scuff and scratch but take my word for it, it was is dire need of a good polish. Here is the end result:

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

One last pic, gone but not forgotten my BMW M5:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
16 RRS HSE Supercharged
137 Posts
Any special process or products for the pillars or did you polish them like any other part of the car. My pillars are FUBAR and I’m going to polish my car next week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any special process or products for the pillars or did you polish them like any other part of the car. My pillars are FUBAR and I’m going to polish my car next week.
I used the Meguiars 205 that you see in the picture. Those pillars are plastic but it's painted if I'm not mistaken, same as the bumpers (plastic but painted).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks fantastic. Great job. I’m on the lookout for a 3 inch polisher to accomplish the same. Your tool arsenal is enviable.
I just got the Flex PXE 80 12 EC. It's well worth it for the trim pieces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure wish I could find it for less than $400!
It's definitely not cheap, but it comes with a 1 inch and 3 inch backing plate and 3 different drive types for those plates. It can be used as 2 different random orbital modes (3mm or 12mm) and a rotary with the 1 inch plate. I do a lot of woodwork and both of the polishers / sanders can be used for those as well. Here is a before and after of a desk top I polished with the corded random orbital to remove the clear coat blush (cloudiness):

Brown Furniture Table Wood Chair
Brown Table Amber Wood Rectangle

So, it's a multi-function set of tools for me. At least that's what I tell myself!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Just wanted to post some pics from my polish and paint correction. First the tools of ignorance:

View attachment 296850 View attachment 296851 View attachment 296852

Here is a shot of the worst of the damage on the liftgate by the previous owner:
View attachment 296853 View attachment 296854

After much work:
View attachment 296855 View attachment 296858

The rest of the paint wasn't nearly as bad as the liftgate so I didn't take pictures of every scuff and scratch but take my word for it, it was is dire need of a good polish. Here is the end result:

View attachment 296856

One last pic, gone but not forgotten my BMW M5:

View attachment 296857
Super nice job on your Rover... Yeah, the Previous Owner was an idiot or let idiots wash her with sponges or rags with sand/small rocks embedded in them from the looks of the deep scratches on the tail-gate... That looked awful! However, you have redeemed her back to almost showroom new, congrats! That looks just wonderful!

You upgraded from the M5 if you don't mind me saying!

Lastly, under your name you have 2010-2012 RRS... You appear to have a 14 to 15 Rover Sport Supercharged. So what year is your lovely new to you Rover?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Super nice job on your Rover... Yeah, the Previous Owner was an idiot or let idiots wash her with sponges or rags with sand/small rocks embedded in them from the looks of the deep scratches on the tail-gate... That looked awful! However, you have redeemed her back to almost showroom new, congrats! That looks just wonderful!

You upgraded from the M5 if you don't mind me saying!

Lastly, under your name you have 2010-2012 RRS... You appear to have a 14 to 15 Rover Sport Supercharged. So what year is your lovely new to you Rover?
I have a 17 RRS V-8 Supercharged Dynamic. I fixed my profile message, thanks for the heads up. I wish I still had the M5 and the Rover. That was a special car! 2008 V10, DINAN Stage 2 (minus the throttle bodies). It was a 6 speed manual with the best second gear. With the DINAN package the red line was 8700! It was a true beast. I sold it on BAT (Bring A Trailer) in 2017.

Reactions: Ham Hands

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have a 17 RRS V-8 Supercharged Dynamic. I fixed my profile message, thanks for the heads up. I wish I still had the M5 and the Rover. That was a special car! 2008 V10, DINAN Stage 2 (minus the throttle bodies). It was a 6 speed manual with the best second gear. With the DINAN package the red line was 8700! It was a true beast. I sold it on BAT (Bring A Trailer) in 2017.
Oh no! A V-10 too... I wish you would have sold her to me, hahahah! 8,700 RPM is simply insane! Why did you sell her?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts