RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
See, also recieved a ticket for tinted windows. :naughty: Told ya :snooty: :lol:

·
Registered
293 Posts
please people from the UK dont be offended by this, im not making fun of people from the UK or even cops from the UK....

is that standard protocol for the cop to jump up on the hood of the car like that, uh... before they have subdued the driver and turned the car off... LOL!!!

i mean, what if he drives off again, that guy is going ass over teakettle, no pun intended. :lol: :doh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
to all those that get locked out of there rangy take note the british police have a universal key you can borrow :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Ha that geezer showed them up n all truth, pulled a OJ chase, shoot any jail time, and will probbly get the cops canned for roughing up a 70 year old man and acting like total retards. Jesus what a sad display of abused power. With the UK's esculating crime problem (its here too) you would think that the cops would be protecting and serving not ticket writing.......

Next they will pull that Seattle cops stunt and beat the mess out of a 10 year old girl. :roll:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"He has made a formal complaint to Gwent police, who expressed "great concern" over the reports. Two officers have been suspended, and the Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the incident."

·
Registered
77 Posts
its just a SAD, BAD world we live in today, all this GANGSTAR RAPP crap young people listen to they go around in there gangs as if they own the land. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I live in Gwent and my wife recently came into contact with an obviously very bored officer with nothing to do. He followed her for over 5 miles along the motorway (no sirens or lights etc), pulling her over when she came off the motorway. He had noticed the tax disc wasn't visible on the windscreen. Before he stopped her he had already checked the car was taxed, insured and MOT'd. She was driving within the speed limit.
He imediately issued her a fine for failure to display the tax disc correctly - couldn't find anything else to do her with though :thumb:

On the other hand when my Saab convertible had it's roof slashed and some stuff stolen they couldn't be bothered sending an officer to even look for evidence - told not worth it :naughty:

So it would seem if they are garunteed some income they will go out of their way - if it is going to cost them to do something like tackle crime - nah not worth it.

needless to say I was brought up to respect the police but the more I have to do with them the more that respect is eroded.

Having said that the excuses that guy gave for not stopping are just a bit lame, but the police a little heavy handed - I guess they already new his address - why not just follow him home and then do him there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not all the people who buy or drive RR are crazy though `)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too live in this area, just outside gwent but on the border. The police round here are over interested in the motorist. It is starting to get a bit ridiculous.
I got pulled in because I had a number plate light out, just the one! I happened to have a spare in the car and replaced it on the spot, then the officer spent about 10 minutes inspecting all of my tyres and tried telling me there were not approved for the road! I have Grabber AT2's all round. I pointed out the DoT marks on the sidewall and politely asked him to stop wasting my time but thanked him for pointing out the blown bulb. He then gave me a ticket to produce my documents, I kept quiet and waited for him to fill the forms in, as he handed it to me I "Remembered" I had my documents with me and showed them to him. He then accused me of wasting his time! Karma is a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i gore said:
its just a SAD, BAD world we live in today, all this GANGSTAR RAPP crap young people listen to they go around in there gangs as if they own the land. :evil: :evil:
So you are referencing "young people" as 19-25 I assume. Which for the most part are law abiding and just like any group, the few ruin it for the many. I am 25 and I actually happen to listen to "GANGSTAR RAP" as you call it. The worst on my record is a few speeding tickets. I am not part of any sort of gang, involved in any kind of drugs or trafficking.

Where I live the Hells Angels run things. Most of them listen to classic rock and ride Harley motorcycles. Catch my drift?

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
The Chief Constable of Gwent has now said that speed cameras are responsible for a 45% reduction in the past eight years and that they shouldn't be turned off to save money.

Actually, UK road deaths have been fairly consistent since the introduction of speed cameras in the 90s to 2007.
The government's own figures place excessive speed as the blame for only 6% of fatal road accidents.

Screw you Gwent police you money grabbing bastards!

·
Registered
457 Posts
gwent and south wales police have a bad reputation when it comes to motorists. This was a 70 year old guy who wasn't wearing his seat belt, a major over reaction on the police officers part

1 - 15 of 15 Posts