RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wrapped up a 2 week/2000 mile road trip, 90% highway driving, 9% city, 1% off road. From San Francisco to Seattle and back. Not a single problem to report. Averaged 18.5mpg on the freeway, doing an average of 75mph.
With so much negative press surrounding these cars, I wanted to offer a pat on the back of my new favorite ride.
Have a nice weekend, all.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
I have driven from Seattle to SanFran and back twice with no issue. Seattle to Phoenix and back via Palm Springs twice with no issues and Seattle to Charlotte and back with no issues. Things are not nearly as bad as every panics and reports. Ya change the poil, hop on the road and set the cruise. If it's and extended trip simply cahnge the oil when you arrive and when you return home. In over 65K miles I have only had a few resets thanks to a fouled height sensor and a busted oil pump gear.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you sell 1,000 expensive cars. The owners of the 5 that have problems will be all over the internet and you will not hear from the other 995.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Number 994 reports best car ever... :D

Ronald

·
Registered
121 Posts
texige said:
If you sell 1,000 expensive cars. The owners of the 5 that have problems will be all over the internet and you will not hear from the other 995.
EXACTLY! I have over 50,000 miles on mine but maintain it when needed. Only problem I've had with the truck just happened at 49,000 (under warranty) and it was moisture getting inside my front headlight assembly. Besides that, no issues. I love these trucks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've driven from Columbus, OH to ATL over the July 4th weekend and back with no issues to speak of. Given that's a 1,200 mile trip, I also put in another 500 miles driving around ATL (talk about urban sprawl)...... Anyway, these cars have a bad rap, mostly from non owners. Between me and my siblings, we've had 3 Range Rovers over the past 6 years and I am the latest owner. My brothers have not had any major issues with the vehicle except for the occassional maintenance. So, it's a timely topic for a lot of people on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts