Range Rovers Forum banner

Plug-and-play Heated/Ventilated Seat Control "Upgrade"

26K views 107 replies 26 participants last post by  firescrap 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 RRS HSE. For those of you with 2016+ vehicles this is not an issue.

I have always been frustrated with the requirement to go into the touchscreen menus and tap around to activate/deactivate the heated and ventilated seats in the 2015 models. This issue became more "annoying" when I installed the Android CarPlay head unit with its extended boot times and having to jump between menus - deactivate carplay, etc. while driving (Head unit is a great upgrade btw).

I did some searching online but could not find a definitive answer with regards to whether or not I could "plug-and-play" upgrade to the 2016+ L494/L405 dials which have the seat heat/vent controls integrated into the climate dials. They looked similar so I took a risk, went on ebay UK and bought a 2016 set of dials for about $120 (on US Ebay these things are way more expensive).

Long story short, after about 15 minutes of install work I can now control my heated and ventilated seats using the 2016 climate dials in my 2015 Sport. Install was totally "plug-and-play" and works perfectly. Great easy retrofit IMO.

This likely works on the L405 as well as I used an L405 set of dials... Did not matter that the dials came off a RHD vehicle.

See less See more
#35 ·
thanks for this, any chance of installation video/pics?

Will this upgrade work if I have cooled & heated seats only and not the heated windscreen?

thanks

#7 ·
Hi again
Do you know how on earth you remove the actual panel?
I take it you remove the main dash horizontal trim, but, how do you get the control panel front off to remove the control panel Itself?
I take it you remove the Centre console chrome trims? But how??
Any help you could give me would be great?

#8 ·
I just bought the same panel (2018) from the UK and would appreciate any installation tips you could provide. I'm pretty mechanically adept, big DIY'er, and will probably will give it a go when the piece comes in and I can figure out how it's mounted. But, any help would be appreciated!

#14 ·
I do not know if this will work with a 2018 panel - in fact i highly doubt it and about 99% sure it will not. If you have a 2014-1015, you just need to source the dials from a 2016 and plug them in. Anything from a 2017 or up will likely not work due. Anything from a 2018 and on - definitely not going to work

To do the swap you must
  • Remove the rubber tray liner on the top of the rear center console
  • Remove the two screws and pull off the rear center console trim/vents - unplug
  • Remove the front dash cover (the long trim piece going across the dash with the screen cutout in it) - this thing can be quite stubborn to lift off
  • Remove the two silver trip pieces going along the sides of the center console
  • Pull the wood/carbon fibre trim plate off of the dials (should pull off easily)
  • Remove the screws holding the center controls in place (there are four of them - two on each side)
  • Remove the old dials - there should be a couple of black screws on either side
  • unplug the dials
  • install the new dials
  • Re-install all the trim AFTER you plug things in and test functionality - if you bought the part brand new this is less of an issue but if you sourced it from e-bay make sure you save yourself the hassle.

Sorry I have been on the road and have not been able to provide information sooner.

#21 ·
I'm positive this will work on my 14.5' RRS... To do it now I have to press the "Climate" hard button, press the screen arrow whatever way towards heat or cool, the hit "X" and I'm done... So it's only 3 key strokes so to speak but I like the thought of what you guys are doing with the Plug N' Play Dials...

#22 ·
It will work on a 2014. The Touchscreen approach is not the end of the world but when you install the android head unit, the biggest downside of the long boot time is having to wait a while to turn on the seats. With these dials I can now immediately turn on the seats before driving away. It’s also great not to have passengers flipping through the screens....:)

#25 ·
It shouldn't match your part number - it is a newer part. There are a couple of these control panels for different car configurations. The ones that I provided links to should work but they assume you have heated windshield and cooled seats - fully configured.

#42 ·
I've done this previously replacing DPLA-18A802-DG (with no touch control for seats) with DPLA-18A802-DH which works perfectly giving push option on dials for heated & cooled seats (clockwise/counter clockwise)
My car is a UK Spec standard l494 HSE With front and rear heated seats. And front heated screen. No front or rear climate seat option fitted. My original panel is NOT A dial push button TYPE.
My original part number is
DPLA-18A802-DG date 09 12 2014
I have replaced with
GPLA-18A802-DH date 02 06 2016
This worked!!...

I'm a bit confused now - which part number do I need, DPLA or GPLA?

thanks

#28 ·
Hi
Ok so today I have done the following.
My car is a UK Spec standard l494 HSE With front and rear heated seats. And front heated screen. No front or rear climate seat option fitted. My original panel is NOT A dial push button TYPE.
My original part number is
DPLA-18A802-DG date 09 12 2014
I have replaced with
GPLA-18A802-DH date 02 06 2016
This worked!!
I now have touch button heated seat dials.
The only thing wrong with this is it throws a fault code.
U2300-56 central configuration.

I believe this is because the panel is meant to be fitted to a vehicle with climate seats.
As far as I know, I maybe wrong. I don’t think you can get the push button dials as on 2016-onwards cars, without the climate seat options function.
So does anybody know what CCF re write this needs to correct this?

#29 ·
The heated/cooled seat controls was one of my biggest gripes about this car (besides how long it takes for the seat to actually get warm)....

Did this today on my early 2015 RRS SC with heated/ventilated seats and it works perfectly. Took me about 1 hr start to finish. No errors and works as expected.

Thank you so much for this. I purchased off ebay and they accepted my best offer price of $200 surprisingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.