RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RRS HSE. For those of you with 2016+ vehicles this is not an issue.

I have always been frustrated with the requirement to go into the touchscreen menus and tap around to activate/deactivate the heated and ventilated seats in the 2015 models. This issue became more "annoying" when I installed the Android CarPlay head unit with its extended boot times and having to jump between menus - deactivate carplay, etc. while driving (Head unit is a great upgrade btw).

I did some searching online but could not find a definitive answer with regards to whether or not I could "plug-and-play" upgrade to the 2016+ L494/L405 dials which have the seat heat/vent controls integrated into the climate dials. They looked similar so I took a risk, went on ebay UK and bought a 2016 set of dials for about $120 (on US Ebay these things are way more expensive).

Long story short, after about 15 minutes of install work I can now control my heated and ventilated seats using the 2016 climate dials in my 2015 Sport. Install was totally "plug-and-play" and works perfectly. Great easy retrofit IMO.

This likely works on the L405 as well as I used an L405 set of dials... Did not matter that the dials came off a RHD vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you have the heated and cooled seats + heated windscreen this is the P/N - LR067187

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi again
Do you know how on earth you remove the actual panel?
I take it you remove the main dash horizontal trim, but, how do you get the control panel front off to remove the control panel Itself?
I take it you remove the Centre console chrome trims? But how??
Any help you could give me would be great?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought the same panel (2018) from the UK and would appreciate any installation tips you could provide. I'm pretty mechanically adept, big DIY'er, and will probably will give it a go when the piece comes in and I can figure out how it's mounted. But, any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Harold
What part number did you purchase for the Panel. Was it a DF panel.?
Attached is the install and removal guide.
Hope this helps you.
Stu

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Stu,
This is the part: DPLA-18A802-DG
It was out of a 2018 RRS TD6.
Thank you for the directions! That’s exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks,
Harold

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
The DG panel you have bought. Does it have push button dials on the control dials? As I thought all DG panels were standard none push button?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m still waiting for the panel. I ordered from the UK and it should arrive this week. All of the DF panels were from ‘14 and ‘15 cars that didn’t have the push controls.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I once upgraded from a '15 SVR to a '16 SVR JUST TO GET THIS FEATURE.

Heaven help us, Range Rovers are an expensive addiction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought the same panel (2018) from the UK and would appreciate any installation tips you could provide. I'm pretty mechanically adept, big DIY'er, and will probably will give it a go when the piece comes in and I can figure out how it's mounted. But, any help would be appreciated!
I do not know if this will work with a 2018 panel - in fact i highly doubt it and about 99% sure it will not. If you have a 2014-1015, you just need to source the dials from a 2016 and plug them in. Anything from a 2017 or up will likely not work due. Anything from a 2018 and on - definitely not going to work

To do the swap you must
  • Remove the rubber tray liner on the top of the rear center console
  • Remove the two screws and pull off the rear center console trim/vents - unplug
  • Remove the front dash cover (the long trim piece going across the dash with the screen cutout in it) - this thing can be quite stubborn to lift off
  • Remove the two silver trip pieces going along the sides of the center console
  • Pull the wood/carbon fibre trim plate off of the dials (should pull off easily)
  • Remove the screws holding the center controls in place (there are four of them - two on each side)
  • Remove the old dials - there should be a couple of black screws on either side
  • unplug the dials
  • install the new dials
  • Re-install all the trim AFTER you plug things in and test functionality - if you bought the part brand new this is less of an issue but if you sourced it from e-bay make sure you save yourself the hassle.
Sorry I have been on the road and have not been able to provide information sooner.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
The DG panel you have bought. Does it have push button dials on the control dials? As I thought all DG panels were standard none push button?
Yes - the 2016 panels have the push button dials!! These allow you to power up the seats immediately after start up and without having to dive into the touchscreen menus

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve just tried this on mine with a 2017 CC panel.
Will not work and caused no end of fault codes inc alternator fault!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes - the 2016 panels have the push button dials!! These allow you to power up the seats immediately after start up and without having to dive into the touchscreen menus
Is there anyway of rechecking the actual part number?
I’ve just contacted my local dealer who state they never made a 2016 18a802-DG panel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve just tried this on mine with a 2017 CC panel.
Will not work and caused no end of fault codes inc alternator fault!
Well now we know that wont work. I figured it wouldn't due to the 2017 having a newer onboard "network"

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 28 Posts