RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to post up such a basic question, but I can't budge the indicator side repeater lights. I'm changing out the amber ones to clear ones on my '03. I've got the Rave CD, and it had these seemingly simply instructions for removal:

[attachment=0:exqgx3ds]Indicator Side Repeater.JPG[/attachment:exqgx3ds]
However, I've pushed and prodded on both sides until I'm blue in the face, and I can't get either one of them to budge. Is there some kind of trick that I'm missing? I've studied my replacement ones, and I see the clip on there, but that's still not helping me any.

Any help, tips, or tricks anyone can provide will be most appreciated. I've searched the forum pretty extensively, and I can't find anything on this. So apparently, I'm the only one that can't remove these lights. :oops:

Thanks,
Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Pls. Help - Trouble Removing Indicator Side Repeater Lights

Before you guys (and gals) think I'm a total moron, obviously not the patient one, I took matters in my own hands with a little extra effort and using a screwdriver to pry the lights, I discovered the previous owner installed the side repeater lights using a strong double sided adhesive tape. I've never had to change the bulbs in the 3+ years I've had my Rover. Anyway, I basically busted the old lights up into pieces, peeled off the adhesive, and slotted in the new ones good as new. Of course, I did get to fish out one of the bulb and plug assembly that fell down in the well once the outer bulb was busted up. I turned on the blinker to locate where it was in the well and used a wire to fish it out. Oh the fun we have with our Rovers!

All of that said, it's amazing that a $30.00 "refresh" can have such an impact on a $75,000 (when new obviously) SUV. My new stock triple gill side vents will be in tomorrow, and my new 20" 9 spoke OEM supercharged wheels and tires will be in Thursday to complete the refresh. I also changed the badging out front and back to the black and silver Land Rover emblems. I'm not doing anything to the front-end, but I would like to change the taillights out later on.

Take care,
Cliff

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts

post some pics up when you're done cliff! Would love to see it :thumb:

mike.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Aye, duct tape, silicon, lump hammer and noo double sided tape joins the standard Landy Equipment. :lol:
LOL

Glad ye got it sorted.
as said above, looking forward to the fotaes

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts