RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone would be interested in posting their rough 4x running heights in mm, from centre of the wheel-cap, to the wheel arch, as it seems those amongst us who are inexperienced, and/or with EAS problems have not much to go on as to what are the 4 sets of "ball park" running heights to aim for??

The RSW figures are good, but if they could be translated into mm, that would definitely help me...... :)

Just a thought....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/measurements.html

previously posted heights can also be found via search.
Thanks for that, wasn't able to find the EAS bit number conversion to millimetres column, though... Maybe you could post a more relevant and direct link.... :roll:

or maybe you misunderstood.

My point is, that having searched through, people's measurements can be from different places on the car... e.g. from the floor to the wheelarch, from the centre of the wheel to the wheelarch, from the bumpstops to wherever...(and some people mistakenly interpret the bit numbers from 0 - 255 as millimetres...), I thought it might be a good idea to collate average ride heights in all 4 modes, so that people who are new to this game of EAS, and/or those people who are having problems....I myself fall into both categories... could see roughly what height they are supposed to be attaining, just with a tape measure, being directly compatible to readings from the "masses' on ...dare I say it, a Sticky post...

I do feel there would be a good amount of interest in a post of this sort.

I take it, from the nature of your reply, as you indeed are Deputy Admin for this group, that you think there's enough information on here already, and don't share my opinion... :think:

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I must say I found it very odd that a couple folks had PMd me asking why on earth someone would need a metric conversion. Since you didn't mention the hexbit scale in your initial post I read it the same way. :think:

Measurements should always be from wheel centre to arch. Measuring floor to arch is useless as this is impacted by your tyre size where emasuring from the wheel center is always true for frame to suspension. There are several existing posts where folks have provided their measurements and/or hexbit readings. A bit of digging should give you a good feel. I would post mine but my heights have been changed from stock and would be pretty useless to anyone else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, here's my running heights, standard tyres.... 255/65 X 16", 1/2 tank of fuel, I took 2 sets of readings, one when cold, one when fully warmed up, and took an average of the 2.

...I started with the car on the bumpstops, then manually selected the 4 heights.

The measurements are in mm, from the Centre of the Wheel Cap to the Wheel-Arch's highest point.

L Front... R Front

440......... 445 ...Access Height
480......... 480 ...Highway Height
500......... 500 ...Normal Height
540......... 535 ...Off-Road Height

L Rear.... R Rear

420......... 430 ...Access Height
515......... 500 ...Highway Height
525......... 515 ...Normal Height
560......... 560 ...Off-Road Height

1 - 6 of 6 Posts