RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am very angry and feel very played!!

I went to get my car serviced and they told me my car was out of warrnty, when I bought the car I was told it was Pre owned Certified in 06, but now they are saying it passed all the requirements but wasnt actually the 6 year 70k plus warranty, just standard 5 yr 50k.....Any help on an extended warranty outside company or what should i do????

Also I need help with these parts, Rotary Cupler where can I find it cheap
And my head light has gone pinkish?? Does that mean it is burned out, do I need to just replace the light or the ignitor or the whole thing???

Thank you for all your help!!!

Eddy

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
Ed,

Bunch of good 3rd party warranty companies out there, go to the main rangerovers.net page, and look for warranty for wheels, I have them on my 08 RRSSC, and my past 2 cars, they haven't given me any issues at all about claims.

Sounds like your Xenon bulb is dieing, can find the bulbs online just about anywhere for 125-170, depending on how much you surf the web, and if one is going, the other is probably going to go soon as well. I always replaced mine in pairs. Dealer will charge you 250-290 plus a enviromental disposal fee cause they have mercury in them.

atlantic britsh is a good source of parts , there are a bunch of others on the main rangerovers.net site you can refur to as well.

goodluck....

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
eajaoudi said:
I went to get my car serviced and they told me my car was out of warrnty, when I bought the car I was told it was Pre owned Certified in 06, but now they are saying it passed all the requirements but wasnt actually the 6 year 70k plus warranty, just standard 5 yr 50k.....
You were "told" by whom that your car was a CPO? If you purchased a CPO from a Land Rover dealer, you should have documents and warranties stating so, and spelling out your extended warranty coverage. I thought all CPOs automatically included a limited warranty of 5 years and 62.5K miles (that would kick in when the 4/50 factory warranty expires), or something in that neighborhood. You should also have been given the option to further extend the limited warranty coverage for another 12 months / 7.5K miles (at your expense) when you purchased the car. Not 100% sure about warranty terms and mileage on CPOs, though.

There are 3rd party warranty companies out there (look on the main rr.net site for some recommended ones), but if your factory warranty is already up the premium to get one is going to cost you a pretty penny.

What do you need the rotary coupler for? Trouble with the switches on the steering wheel perhaps? It's a fairly specialized steering wheel part and you may have a hard time finding it outside of dealerships and independent Land Rover shops. I believe the part # for the rotary coupler is YRC500060.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
eajaoudi said:
Also I need help with these parts, Rotary Cupler where can I find it cheap
Um, Umberto...I believe the Rotary Cupler is the insert in the cupholder that you can turn 180 degrees.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Um, Umberto...I believe the Rotary Cupler is the insert in the cupholder that you can turn 180 degrees.
:lol: That would be a great accessory for lefthanded people though, all coffee mugs always have the handle on the right. :think:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
110 Posts
Why does it turn in the first place, does anyone ever use that functionality?

One coffee spill and they will never turn anymore, by the way... ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
My cup holders don't have no stinkin' rotary nothing. Just inserts. In England and Japan the cup handle is on the left.
Perhaps the rotary coupler goes into the tow bar receiver for pulling a caboose around corners.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
bop08 said:
Perhaps the rotary coupler goes into the tow bar receiver for pulling a caboose around corners.
Thank goodness my caboose is still small enough that it doesn't need a trailer! Thanks Jenny Craig!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
bop08 said:
My cup holders don't have no stinkin' rotary nothing. Just inserts.
I got shafted too! How unfair.
Also, I'll refrain from posting my obligatory "Extended warranties are for the fiscally uneducated" rant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts