Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
18 Posts
I have searched around and seen A LOT about these two little codes p1313 p1314 but have seen no fixes for them.. I currently have them on my 6 range rover 4.0 se... just put new cats on last night... they came back.. we read the o2 sensors and they are reading perfect.. what else would be causing these codes?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
These are basic generic misfire codes I am not sure why you would replace your cats for an ignition issue. These could be due to worn fouled plugs, weak failing ignition leads, a failing coil... etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it needed cats anyways so i did them... but it has no signs of a miss... runs idles perfect no stumbles ill pull the plugs and check them and check the coil next.. i don't know what else to take a look at.. my resonator was plugged solid with fiber crap the used from the factory.. still need a muffler.. im stumped :(

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
plugs, plug wires, coils.

some vehicle info would be helpful. GEMS or Bosch?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm sorry to kick the old horse... but not sure which system it has... GEMS i think.. its a 96.. i put new wires plugs cats ... i heard something about a reluctor ring tab being bent could cause it.. a motor was put in it before i got it and the guys hooked the trans vent tube to direct vacuum on the plenum... so im sure that didn't help.. but even fixed code keeps coming back.. thing is there is no miss that i can hear or feel... so stuttering... nothing runs perfect.. i'm stumped!!!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Where was the tranny breather connected on the plenum. Yours is a gems, bosh came mid 99. The bosch plenums have a weird fitting or plug, the purpose of which is not known to me. I was trying to find any mention of the tranny breather in the literature but I did not so I am glad you did. I know that the older gm tranny breathers did go to the intake manifold so thats probably where that idea came from. I do remember that when connected it sucked tranny oil into the engine and it smoked a lot. Maybe that happened to your rig and the po thought the engine was toast so they changed it (amhik re the gm setup) If all that oil went thru the exhaust it is interesting that the sensors are ok. The plugged exhaust would not do things any favours either. How did the pulled plugs look. The crank position sensor picks up info from a ring of teeth that is welded to the flywheel-the bosch teeth are machined in and not likely to be a problem so that is a possible interface when the engine was changed and could be damaged for your engine. If no joy with ign. coils, wires and plugs and postings on here I also do not like the option of the dealer so good luck with another run thru of everything you have checked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks that some good info!!! yeah i didn't find the vent tube until i went to add some fluid and it started smoking.. that was interesting in the parts store parking lot off of a very busy road haha.. it looked like a really bad fire haha... i will check those teeth this weekend and update..
The plugs had carbon tracks so i was hoping that those and the wires would solve my issue but to no avail... also.. my radio just fried on me last night.. looking to do a double din if anyone knows a good link to a run down on that let me know! thanks all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts