RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps

i have a 1995 v8 4L petrol p38 range rover. its telling me that key code is locked out and the engine is immobilised. looking through the manual, i have gone through the renetry process many many times now and it still does not work. i have done it in the right order with the right number of turns to the back of the car and the right number forward, evertime i turn the key the alarm bleeps. if this helps, for some reason the central looking has stopped at the same time. never had a problem with central locking, so i assume the lock out has something to do with this. any thoughts??????????

·
Registered
820 Posts
You certainly have locked up the becm.

Have you checked out the drivers door lock & make sure this is working correctely.

You'll need to remove the becm & get it lockout reversed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
hi try preesing the unlock on the fob as you try to start it thats how i got mine to work when it came up key code lock out after sitting for months it either works or it doesent worth a try though neil

·
Registered
234 Posts
have you insurance? if so burn it!! sorry no it need unlocking can be sent off i think for that to be done google it and see.
onetime

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the prompt responses, i have done it, it was the addittional alarm that caused the problem, the tailgate was unlocked.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Good to hear, :dance: cheap fix but BBS is bringing out soon for the P38 a 199pound BBS FCR tool,it will read and reset all the logged codes in your BeCM a must get gadget for the glovebox will be lining up for one once they have started production :thumb:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Selby P38 said:
Good to hear, :dance: cheap fix but BBS is bringing out soon for the P38 a 199pound BBS FCR tool,it will read and reset all the logged codes in your BeCM a must get gadget for the glovebox will be lining up for one once they have started production :thumb:
the BECM can only be unlocked by soldering leads onto the CPU, so it depends on how far locked down it it. If it's in "help, I'm being stolen" mode, it's solder time...

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
There can also be some errors related to the transmission that make it stop, as to not destroy itself. If certain sensors are going bad or even legitimately sense a dangerous condition it will shut off the engine until it can be checked or repaired.

Glad you are back on the road (or off the road)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts