RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone!I just buy one range rover sport from 2006 with gearbox problem.We change the gearbox(second hand) and we found some issue...the car its change all the speed's about 3500rpm....my mechanic change already throttle, air flow meter,sensor abs...we have 14 days without answer.... after we change everything we have same problem...all the gear it's changed at 3500rpm.... Please help!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
442 Posts
I think when you change transmission, computer that controls transmission has to synchronized with the rest of existing computer modules in the car. So there is more to it then just physically swap the transmission. Unsynchronized It may be operates by some built in protocol than may be preset to shift at 3500 rpm because transmission can not talk to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
442 Posts
Yep, I just asked a friend who is lead mechanic at LR Dealership.
He said that if you replace Transmission valve body or entire transmission, you need to program it.
Look, it is probably not a huge deal, this is a ZF 6HP26 transmission, same goes in to BMW X5 and about another 20 different vehichles.
Any independant transmission shop that dealing with modern vehichles should be able to do it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts