RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 RR Sport V8 Lux Edition So my truck overheated. I determined it was the water pump. I replaced the waterpump and also found a crack in the housing that holds the thermostat (common failure point because it's plastic). I replaced it as well. In order to do this I took off the fan, etc... Now the truck is throwing a fan error code, which makes sense because it is still getting hot but only while idling at stop. If you drive it the temp goes back down. It is also throwing an EGR valve code. Before this nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I don't even remember it having an electric fan when I took it apart. I remember a manual fan bolted to the front of the motor. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update so I think that maybe even thought the fan bolts to the front of the motor that it has a clutch assembly and is actually an electric fan. I can't see this going out at the same time as the waterpump. It worked before... Anything I can check to test it?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Check to make sure that it is plugged in, and the wires aren't contacting anything, but yes, that fan is the fan the fault is stored for. The fan is not electric, but the clutch for it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the connection. Is there any other way to test the fan? I just can't see it going out at the same time the waterpump went out. Maybe a fuse?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts