RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in my truck and went to put the window down......nothing happened....no noise just clicking from me attempting to put the window down....

Is it the fuse???

Motor dirty??

What or how do I check it???

Trying to avoid the stealership!!

Thanks so much everyone

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Turn the car off for 45 sec and remove the infuser from the cigarette lighter.
Do you have a bee-keepers mask? If you don't then stay away from the infuser 'til dark.
Replace the infuser (in the dark), fold down the rear seats open rear gate. Wait 2 minutes.
Reverse process except for the infuser part.
Windows should go up and down no problem.
If that doesn't work follow this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37714 or use the search feature.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please forgive my ignorance.

Please explain in detail what you mean by removing the infuser in the cigarette lighter.

Also please explain what you mean by Replace the infuser (in the dark), fold down the rear seats open rear gate. Wait 2 minutes.
Reverse process except for the infuser part.

Thank you very much for your time
eddy

·
Registered
670 Posts
Eddy; I'm just joking, check the link I gave you and use the search feature for others with similar problems and solutions to your situation. `)

Be well.

Rafa

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Nice rafa, eddy coulda blown himself and the car to smithereens if he actually attempted that.

Eddy, is it just the driver's side?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning I was getting in my car and same result but about 30 seconds later everything worked fine. Should I be concerned? Should I still get it looked at?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wouldn't. The ability to roll your windows up or down is way overrated, yesterday I didn't even use my windows et al.
Is not like the seat belts don't release so your trapped in your car.
Live with the fact that your windows are temperamental, next time your windows decide to open don't forget to trow all your concerns out of it before it magically rolls up again.
And since we're keeping the windows issue between us bros in the forum, not a word to the dealer or any qualified mechanic.
Mum's the word Eddy :thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sorry if I am being annoying or ignorant to the situation!

It happened again, and I took it to the dealer. He said it was most likely the motor and regulator that would need replacement.

Will update after I have the situation fixed

Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Eddy;

See about going to an independent, have them test the switch, the regulator and last the motor.
It could be as simple as the switch having a loose connection. What are the chances of it being both the motor and regulator?
Your problem sounds intermittent, so i think it's unlikely that it's the motor.
My 2 cents.

Rafa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts