Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing something in the set-up on my 02 Autobiography, I have a PS2 in the boot and this links through to the headrest screens (CXO label on screens but looks like NECVOX). The Video is switched through an AD6865 box to the screens and video works great. The problem is that there is no Audio and worse than that I have no idea where the audio is supposed to come out (most likely operator error). This is an 02 Vogue so the head unit is pretty basic and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch to another audio source. I don't think the screens are wireless/IR to headphones but could be wrong.

I only recently purchased the car and the Audio for DVD has never worked but I am sure it is something simple and I am either not looking in the right place for audio jacks or not selecting the right audio mode from the head unit (basically user error but the manual doesn't mention anything about the PS2).

Thanks.. Paul.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
The trouble with dealer installed/aftermarket gear like that is there is no way anyone here could know how it was installed or should work. The only way I have ever been able to figure out after market kits is the trace the wiring. I would think there are head phones in the mix as well as the controllers. I've never seen an in car gaming system that would allow for sound through the speakers due to driver distraction. You should either have plugs or a receiver if they are wireless.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would make sense if they were wireless as I can't see any jack points in the doors or near the center console. I'll try and trace the wires to see if there is a transmitter and then work out what format headphones should be used. I wondered if they would be the standard RR wireless ones on ebay but these seem to be for later models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue , but I have an IR sender on the rear headlining . No idea what frequancy so I har hired headphones from the receiver. I only have one kid :)

·
Banned
901 Posts
Please post pictures of the install. There should be stuff under the drivers floor and the rear left and perhaps the glovebox with aftermarket installs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts